Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An unknown exception has occured...
Hey guys,

This is the first time I've ever seen this code and there doesn't appear, to my eyes, to be anything off that should cause it. I just go into edit and action and get the following (see attached...cant seem get shot into post) but its basically this error:

Quote:An unknown exception has occured. No other information is available but, to be safe, this dialog will close. Please retry the operation.

It just comes up when I click on the value field to enter a value. Nothing shows up on the Log Server. It appears to happen to any field I attempt to set. Restarted etc and no joy.

Thanks Jim

Attached Files
.zip   cqc.zip (Size: 63.83 KB / Downloads: 3)
What version of CQC?
Mark Stega
Version 4.4.0. Note it only appears to happen in setting any devices field values in the 'Media List Browser' widget > actions (any action event). However it did allow me enter actions previously which makes it more perculiar. If I insert a new 'Media List Browser' widget in the same template I get the same error.

Action: (although I don't think this is anything to do with this code but for replication I've included)

Code:
[OnSelectCollection]
   LocalVars::SetVariable(LVar:CurrentCollectionCookie, %(MediaRTV:ColCookie))
   curentcok::SetText(%(MediaRTV:ColCookie))
   Devices::FieldWrite(xbmc.PlayMedia, %(LVar:CurrentCollectionCookie), True)

curentcok is just a text widget to show the cookie value.

Jim
Can you send me the template file? It'll be in [cqc]\CQCData\DataServer\Interfaces\User\.... Whereever under that that you created it. Email it to support at our domain. I'll see if I can recreate it. There was an issue, fixed already, where you could get such an error if you have a larger action and were scrolling around within it a lot. But this couldn't be that.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Just sent it there Dean.

Thanks

Jim
OK, I'll take a look at it.
Dean Roddey
I am able to cause an error, but only if I use the value helper button on the value of the field write command. Is that were you are seeing it?
Dean Roddey
It looks like the media list browser has an error in coughing up it's list of runtime values for the designer to use. So anything you do that needs to get that list is causing the error. I'll get that fixed and get a new patch version of 4.4.0 out with that fix.
Dean Roddey
Dean,

Correct on the helper. Forgot even trying a direct entry there. Thanks for looking at it so quick and on a Sunday!!

Jim
I'm building a patch release now. I'll have it up in a bit.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unhandled system exception in the GUI Thread gReatAutomation 9 2,222 03-23-2020, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
Photo Unhandled GUI Exception simplextech 3 1,252 01-05-2020, 03:27 PM
Last Post: zra
  Unhandled system exception in GUI Thread Shaky 75 20,429 06-21-2019, 08:10 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  An error occured while trying to contact the Master Server RichardU 5 2,956 03-12-2016, 08:10 AM
Last Post: RichardU
  Unhandled Exception Scheduled Events zra 8 4,057 06-25-2015, 05:54 PM
Last Post: zra
  FileOutStream Exception wuench 3 1,979 12-29-2012, 08:15 PM
  New Exception Behavior 4.2.16? wuench 1 1,451 11-19-2012, 12:52 PM
  unhandled exception Ron Haley 3 1,629 11-13-2012, 08:55 PM
  Checking exception types beelzerob 5 2,671 01-29-2010, 04:40 PM
  Driver test harness - unknown exception bph 11 5,469 09-27-2009, 09:09 PM