Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonos: can't play albums
So, what's up with that, do you think? Did Sonos change something? Because there was an update around the time the error manifested.
I dunno. I wonder if maybe they have a bug in their translation from the file URL to a path that they can match against their list? You could try going back to the original manifest but change the FlipSeps from Yes to No.

This will send them something like file://\\MYserver\MyShare\etc...

Maybe they are assuming that anything that has // slashes is Unix and that Windows paths will have \ slashes, and so they store the paths with \ slashes and only bother to compare them like that.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Hey, did you get a chance to try the above? If that works for you, I'll try it here and make sure it works for mine. If so, then I'll just change the driver to work like that as shipped since it should be OK for everyone. If it works for you but not for me, I'll make it a driver install option instead of a fixed one.
Dean Roddey
Hi Dean

Sorry, no, not yet, will try it this w/end and let you know.

Everything still running smoothly, though.
Hi

Okay, got around to trying this today - no, it didn't work - putting it back to the original manifest, and just changing the FlipSeps to 'no' resulted in the same error as before.

Reverting back to the first change you suggested fixed the issue again.
Hmmm... that sucks. I wonder what they have done to cause this. There is no way they can expect clients to know the required path format of every possible media location. So there has to be a way to pass files without that knowledge, and of course it obviously used to work. Does Sonos allow access to any non-SMB shares? Maybe they don't and so it doesn't matter and the x-file-cifs could just be set in the manifest and be done with it.
Dean Roddey
I'm just surprised that I seem to be the only one that's had this problem? I do remember the issue manifested just after a Sonos update, and I hadn't been messing around with that part of my system at all.
Ugh! Back to issues with V 4.4.2

I'm getting this for each song in the album:

01/01 16:28:53-Karen-INSPIRON, CQCServer, CQCDrv_SonosCQCZone4Thread28
{
CQCMedia, CQCMedia_StdRendDrv.cpp.1029, Status/App Status
Removing failed item from playlist. Moniker=SonosCQCZone4
Dammit, Janet
}

There is no indication as to why it failed.

It happened after a fresh install, and again after I changed the manifest.

I get no error message in the IV - nothing happens. I select the album, select 'Play All' and it just goes back to the main screen. Nothing plays, and the only indication of an error is the above in the log file, one for each song in the album.

Any ideas?
Nevermind - just realised it was because - although I had restarted CQC after changing the manifest - I had forgotten to reconfigure each of the drivers.

Problem fixed again!
I'll either make the path format one of the user configurable prompts instead of a fixed one, so that you can set it during install and it'll stay there, or just set the fixed one to the form you are using if that seems to work for my older one.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sonos Log Message karenlee 5 760 10-24-2021, 04:18 AM
Last Post: karenlee
  Sonos Zone Player - Win10 zra 9 3,272 09-26-2019, 10:00 AM
Last Post: zra
  SONOS Driver Question gReatAutomation 13 5,482 08-23-2019, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Sonos - PlayFovorite command NightLight 22 6,594 05-10-2019, 09:32 PM
Last Post: kblagron