Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unblanking the blank and blanker...
cool, I would prefer to keep everything internal to CQC where possible...

and I am in no rush... just have a couple ideas to try out, not sure it will really work out anyway...

basically have the touch screen 'wake up' only when there is motion in kitchen, and go back to sleep some time later...

oh course, I am not even entirely sure why I am doing this... it just seemed like a fun thing to do... and I am sure I will (? maybe?) find a useful purpose for it eventually...
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
I made a change for the monitor power thing for 4.4.2 Drop C, which I posted today. See the "Patches for 4.4.x" thread in the support section. If you are on 4.4.x you can move up to this version and see if it does any better for you. It also has some other quite useful small fixes you might benefit from, particularly if you are on 4.4.0.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Did anyone ever confirm that the changes I made fixed the issue with the monitor not going to sleep/waking up on Win8 systems? These changes are in the latest betas, or have been in the betas for some time, as well.
Dean Roddey
I haven't done anything CQC related (well other than use it...) in months...
keep getting side tracked with people/things dying... been a crappy year so far...
most of my projects have been delayed...
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
The discussion on the Blank & Blanker in the latest beta thread made me remember this one. I tried the unblank command from a scheduled event as a test. It's not quite functioning as I would expect yet on Win8.

I manually set the Blank/Blanker and my monitor goes to power saving mode. I then set a trigger to unblank. It wakes up briefly for 1 second and then goes back to sleep for some reason.

Incidentally I'm not having any issues with waking up the blank/blanker manually by touching the screen. On version 4.5.15. This one isn't a big deal for me as I have a work-around, but mentioning just so you know.
Oh, I wonder if, in the remote wakeup, I'm resetting the time stamp for activity. If not, it would go right back to sleep. In the touching it scenario it would definitely get reset. So I'm guessing that's it, and I'll look at it.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  \User\CQC\Blanker pinballmark 2 1,757 10-09-2017, 12:54 PM
Last Post: pinballmark
  Question on the Blank Screen Feature kblagron 5 2,745 02-16-2016, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Color Palette is blank on iPad karenlee 6 2,662 11-27-2014, 08:51 AM
  Un-blank screen with webcam movement jmwhooper 7 3,629 10-27-2014, 12:35 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  The IV blanker can now be used as a slide show Dean Roddey 0 1,514 09-09-2011, 07:40 PM
  Screen Blanker Examples DaveB 5 2,377 08-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Last Post: DaveB
  Turning off the blanker MikeA 3 1,744 08-01-2011, 06:26 PM
  Blank Command Button Redrawing wuench 1 1,280 07-30-2011, 09:26 AM
  Remotely Disable Blank and Blanker? MikeW 7 2,392 07-27-2011, 11:36 PM
  DVDP v3.5 - Blank Genre jmwhooper 12 3,627 12-07-2008, 12:34 PM