Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unblanking the blank and blanker...
Dean Roddey Wrote:Nothing has changed since then wrt to that stuff. So I'm not sure why you aren't getting the wakeup. How are you sending the command? Is it from an event or from another client?
I just made a cheesy IV with very simple command buttons that just do 1 thing, for my desktop PC to send various 'test' commands to my kitchen PC/IV
I thought it may be easier to get things working this way, so I don't need to worry if my logic is good...
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
You're sure the unblank command it being sent to the driver for the right IV? Unlikely to be otherwise, but best to be sure before digging deeper.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I only have one IV with an IV driver...
my little Samsung Q1 in the theater is just a basic IV, so no way to send him any commands even if I wanted to...
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
Hi Guys, I'm interested in this thread too. I've never been able to get my IV to wake up from a Monitor sleep condition with the IV driver. I just tried again tonight and still doesn't wake up when I issue an unblank command. If I only use Blank/Blanker and then issue an unblank the IV will display again...no issues there. The problem is introduced when I put the monitor into low power state (Back-light turns off)

I find blank/blanker doesn't put my monitor into a low power state (with backlight off). So, I usually issue a Display off command via special action button when we go to bed at night which darkens the screen. With that though it can't be woken up again with just unblank.

As a work-around I've been using the AutoHotKey program called via execapp function in CQC to basically automate a mouse moving which does wake the monitor from low power state.

Would you clarify if unblank should wake the monitor up, or just unblank the blanker in CQC? ... hope this makes sense.
It does issue a power on to the monitor when the blanker window is dismissed, and for me it seems to work fine, at least just using a scheduled event to provide the test Unblank command. Are you also on Windows 8 perhaps?
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:It does issue a power on to the monitor when the blanker window is dismissed, and for me it seems to work fine, at least just using a scheduled event to provide the test Unblank command. Are you also on Windows 8 perhaps?

Yeah, I am on Win 8 as well.
So it must be something with that. Perhaps it will only allow the foreground window to do this command now or something like that. I'll add another call to power on the monitor back in the IV after it dismisses the blanker. I'll force focus back to the IV and then invoke the command and we can see if that makes a difference.

Or maybe there are some new criteria for waking up the monitor that requires physical input. That would suck, but who knows what they have changed. I'll try the above though and we can see how it goes.
Dean Roddey
just updated to 4.4.901 since I saw in the release notes that Dean did something with the blanker/unblanker...
anyway, once the monitor gets sleepy, it stays sleepy...
so no improvement...

I guess I am going to need a "Plan B"... so whats this autohotkey thingy? and how do I set it up?
It's strange that Win8 would prevent a program from powering the screen back on. There may be some preference somewhere that controls this, I dunno.
Dean Roddey
OK, I see another way it can be done, so let me try that before you give up. I'll put it into the next drop, assuming I test it here and it works.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  \User\CQC\Blanker pinballmark 2 1,757 10-09-2017, 12:54 PM
Last Post: pinballmark
  Question on the Blank Screen Feature kblagron 5 2,745 02-16-2016, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Color Palette is blank on iPad karenlee 6 2,662 11-27-2014, 08:51 AM
  Un-blank screen with webcam movement jmwhooper 7 3,629 10-27-2014, 12:35 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  The IV blanker can now be used as a slide show Dean Roddey 0 1,514 09-09-2011, 07:40 PM
  Screen Blanker Examples DaveB 5 2,377 08-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Last Post: DaveB
  Turning off the blanker MikeA 3 1,745 08-01-2011, 06:26 PM
  Blank Command Button Redrawing wuench 1 1,281 07-30-2011, 09:26 AM
  Remotely Disable Blank and Blanker? MikeW 7 2,392 07-27-2011, 11:36 PM
  DVDP v3.5 - Blank Genre jmwhooper 12 3,629 12-07-2008, 12:34 PM