Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unblanking the blank and blanker...
so how do you get the blank and blanker to actually un-blank (ie make screen turn back on) remotely?
what I have tried so far:
  • send WoL
  • load up IV driver on touch screen PC (win 8.1 if it matters) and issue IV driver unblank command
  • combinations of the above two with random waits....

what I would like to happen is when the lights turn on, to have the screen unblank... seems like it should be simple enough to do?

so far the only way I have found to make the screen unblank is to tap on the touchscreen... while that works, it is not very automated really...
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
There's an IV driver that lets you send commands to a target IV. Admittedly, it would be worth providing a built in action command for some of the more obvious stuff so you don't need a driver. But, in the meantime you can use the driver and it's not much difference if you aren't talking about a considerable number of IVs to target.

The driver is in the Miscellaneous section.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
yea, I am running that driver... it doesn't actually work...
well, it doesn't work to unblank... blanking works perfectly... and the clock blank is really cool too...
Quote:Devices::FieldWrite
P1=Kitchen_IV.Action
P2=Unblank
P3=False
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
a bit more detail:
ok, so just for fun, if I remote desktop into the Kitchen_TS PC unblank works (in the remote desktop window)
if I just do the blank (or the clock blank), unblank works perfectly...
the only issue is when the backlight turns off and the monitor goes into standby...

so a more accurate question would be how do I get my monitor to wake back up again after blanking, since it seems the PC and CQC are all good to go? and it is just the monitor that got sleepy...
OK, I see the issue. The remote command is only dismissing the blanker window, not forcing the monitor power back on. I'll fix that for the next drop.
Dean Roddey
Oh, wait, I was wrong. It is doing the right thing. The blanker window itself does the command to turn the monitor back on. So I'm assuming the problem is that you haven't enabled IV control. The IV by default doesn't expose external control, you have to configure it in the installer. If you look at the IV control driver, does it show connected?
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:Oh, wait, I was wrong. It is doing the right thing. The blanker window itself does the command to turn the monitor back on. So I'm assuming the problem is that you haven't enabled IV control. The IV by default doesn't expose external control, you have to configure it in the installer. If you look at the IV control driver, does it show connected?
the driver connects just fine, and yes, I have the /port=xxxx in the start shortcut...
I can remotely blank, clock blank, etc... everything works fine remotely as long as the monitor itself is awake...

and everything except unblank seems to work just fine too, it is just that you cant actually see any of it because the monitor is asleep... but it you manually wake up the monitor, you can see the effects of what you did while the monitor was sleepy... (ie minimize/maximize/etc)
I tested it here and it seems to work fine. It's a little awkward to test since I'm on a single machine, but I set up a scheduled event to wake up once a minute and send the command. I put it back to blank and blanker mode each time using a button, and it would wake up again in a minute when the command ran.

What CQC version are you running?
Dean Roddey
Version 4.3.930
Nothing has changed since then wrt to that stuff. So I'm not sure why you aren't getting the wakeup. How are you sending the command? Is it from an event or from another client?
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  \User\CQC\Blanker pinballmark 2 1,723 10-09-2017, 12:54 PM
Last Post: pinballmark
  Question on the Blank Screen Feature kblagron 5 2,711 02-16-2016, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Color Palette is blank on iPad karenlee 6 2,607 11-27-2014, 08:51 AM
  Un-blank screen with webcam movement jmwhooper 7 3,540 10-27-2014, 12:35 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  The IV blanker can now be used as a slide show Dean Roddey 0 1,496 09-09-2011, 07:40 PM
  Screen Blanker Examples DaveB 5 2,352 08-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Last Post: DaveB
  Turning off the blanker MikeA 3 1,729 08-01-2011, 06:26 PM
  Blank Command Button Redrawing wuench 1 1,260 07-30-2011, 09:26 AM
  Remotely Disable Blank and Blanker? MikeW 7 2,347 07-27-2011, 11:36 PM
  DVDP v3.5 - Blank Genre jmwhooper 12 3,596 12-07-2008, 12:34 PM