Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you configure triggered events for elk outputs?
For some reason I cannot figure out how to setup a triggered event when I turn on an elk output. I can trigger it for elk.PhysZone019 but not for elk.Output015.
I assume the problem is that the elk.PhysZone019 is a string field and the elk.Output015 is a boolean.

How do I format a boolean comparison in the Comp Val field below?

[Image: elkoutput.jpg]
You generally never want to use that filter. It checks that actual field value at the time that the filter runs. So it'll run any event that happens when that field value is true, if it's the only filter used.

Use "Is New Fld Value For", which checks that it is a field change event and that it's for the field you indicate and that the value that caused the trigger is the new indicated value. I.e. it uses the new value passed in the trigger when doing the comparison. That way, even if the field has already changed again, you'll still run the event.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean Roddey Wrote:You generally never want to use that filter. It checks that actual field value at the time that the filter runs. So it'll run any event that happens when that field value is true, if it's the only filter used.

Use "Is New Fld Value For", which checks that it is a field change event and that it's for the field you indicate and that the value that caused the trigger is the new indicated value. I.e. it uses the new value passed in the trigger when doing the comparison. That way, even if the field has already changed again, you'll still run the event.

For some reason I could not get the "Is New Fld Value For" to work at all for my elk driver. I am sure it is just something I am doing wrong.
what I am trying to do:
"is New Fld Value For" Field:elk.Output015
Comp val: True

Not sure if that is how you compare a true event since I think output fields are Boolean.
Open the CQC Command Prompt and run the program CQCEventDump. Change the output and see what kind of trigger gets spit out.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:Open the CQC Command Prompt and run the program CQCEventDump. Change the output and see what kind of trigger gets spit out.

Thanks very much Dean. CQCEventDump helped me solve my problem. I didn't realize you needed to go into the CQCFieldBrowser for elk driver and setup a trigger for each field you want to compare in the triggered event screen.(don't recall seeing that in the documentation but now it seems obvious.) That explains why I was seeing some random triggers using the wrong call "Fld Value equals". I have changed to "Is New Fld Value For" and everything is working great. I can setup events for elk outputs and zone violations.
Thanks again
Kevin
You don't need to set triggers on the fields for zone violations. There are a set of standard triggers that are sent out, and you want to use those where you can. Only use field triggers where standard ones aren't available. For lighting loads, motion, presence, security zone status, and lock status, there are standard ones and most drivers that deal with those should send them. Though in some cases whether they send them for any given light, lock, etc... might be configurable.

See the event server technical document for details.
Dean Roddey
Eventghost has a cool way of setting up events, it has an event viewer windows and you can right click on an event that has occurred and then add it as a trigger, so you don't need to remember all the info for the trigger.

Maybe something like that would be helpful in setting up triggered events...
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
Yeh, that would be a very useful thing. I'll put it on the list.
Dean Roddey
One comment about using "standard" triggers vs field triggers. If I remember correctly, there is a different nomenclature for the two types of triggers in security zones. Thus, while the CQC Event Browser shows violated and normal as fields (to name just two fields) for an ELK physical zone, if you want to trigger directly off a "standard" trigger from a physical zone that is a security zone without the need to set up a field trigger on that zone, you have to use different terminology in the event setup page--notready and secure in this case. There are several postings on this issue in the threads dealing with the ELK development driver.
Dean Happy Halloween. Its time again for my yearly plea for help on how to use triggers(elk) for my Thunder/lightning/smoke machine,etc.

I am now on 4.5.25 and old triggers stopped working(assume driver name changes with elk V2). Last year I used CQCEventDump to help troubleshoot but when I now run it from the command line it just returns back to prompt.(am I running it wrong??)

I went into the field Browser and enabled triggers on "Zone_FrontEntryDoor_PhysStatus" to send on any change of status.

Went into managed events screen and added a trigger for "Fld Value Equals" "Zone_FrontEntryDoor_PhysStatus" Comp Val: "Open"

I cannot get a elk zone to trigger an event. Is there another way to debug triggers besides CQCEventDump?

Thanks
Kevin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Triggered Event w/ Elk AreaArm EST 18 5,866 12-04-2020, 05:37 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Triggered Event only works every second time znelbok 2 1,001 10-27-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Error trying to edit scheduled events George M 15 2,483 09-27-2020, 09:27 AM
Last Post: George M
  CQC HTTP Events? bjkiller 26 8,649 01-11-2020, 07:27 AM
Last Post: simplextech
  Configure Elk Function Keys kblagron 2 1,393 12-29-2019, 11:30 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Scheduled Events Caseta tom 18 6,210 12-22-2019, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Triggered Event on Timer Question znelbok 7 3,367 12-09-2019, 02:10 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Editing Triggered Events Possibly Causing Kernel Panic/Crash gReatAutomation 6 2,711 11-08-2019, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Pause / Resume Triggered or Scheduled Actions from the Interface Viewer gReatAutomation 2 1,894 10-30-2019, 01:38 PM
  Possible Bug with Triggered Events gReatAutomation 3 1,574 09-19-2019, 02:41 PM