Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Google Hangout - Screen shots & basic how to - Discuss here!
Below are screen shots of what I covered. (Simplified as requested, this will be specifically for a single Hall Light)

What you'll need:

0) CQC Version 4.3.914 or later (this is when HTTP Get Driver was added by Dean)
1) CQC Admin Interface
2) Firefox or IE (not Chrome!) for the training portion
3) have browser loaded with the IP address of the server where you installed the driver,the port and the Text you want to send. For this example:
http://192.168.1.17:45821/Hall Light?1=val

Install HTTP based Trigger Driver

[Image: Load%20new%20driver.png] [Image: Select%20HTTP-Based%20Trigger%20Driver.png]

In the webinar I named the Moniker cqcWebinar.
Take the default port, you might want to make it something different for your setup
We're done loading the driver

Now we need to load the client side admin part of the driver

[Image: Client%20driver%20-%20Admin1.png]

Select cqcWebinar

Now we'll need to add a new Action

[Image: Client%20driver%20-%20Mapped%20Action%20...0Light.png]

1) select New
2) name it Hall Light
3) Hit Save

[Image: Learning%20new%20action.png]

4) now go to your browser (that you already have set up with:
http://192.168.1.17:45821/Hall Light?1=val
5) hit enter 3 times

Note: it's not necessary for the browser text message "Hall Light" to match the action name but it's easier to keep straight if you do. CQC will map whatever text you choose to send to the Action name you pick

---------------

Okay, now lets add some basic code to the action that is required to process the text sent from the device (the browser for now) to CQC.

1) I'm going to take the raw text data sent from the browser and stick it in a variable driver: Tasker, in a variable called TaskerRaw.
2) I'm going to grab the first text value (each value is separated by spaces) and stick it in a variable called TaskerType
3) Hit Save

[Image: Action%20Code%20-%20Basic.png]

Note that you want to answer no to the dialog that pops up after you hit save...

[Image: Action%20update%20-%20No.png]

Next I'm going to show you a simple example where there is only a Hall Light and a message to turn the light on (could be off or a level)

[Image: Simple%20message%20example.png]

Note how the text in the message sent from the browser matches what CQC received and placed in the TaskerRaw variable. I learned this trick from Dean's IR learning code video example. It's a great way to debug the basics and keep it simple. (also has no adverse impact on your family because your flipping lights on and off constantly :roll: )

Last example, is what I talked about more extensively in the webinar...

[Image: Complex%20message%20example.png]

The concept is that instead of having 1 message from your device mapping to 1 action in CQC I am building a framework to send messages in that is generic and allows for many different types of messages to be sent and processed by CQC.

Well, that's all for now. Hope this helps folks out. I'll be starting a How to for setting up the Android side of things as well as the CQC framework.

Look forward to further conversations on this topic!

-Ben
On the training, not sure if it was mentioned in there, but some browsers send things other than the URL you enter, because they assume they are talking to a web server, and they will send queries for things like site icon and the like. That might require that you send the command more than three times, because the training requires three identical incoming values in a row.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
One question Ben. When writing the LVar contents into CQC, you are using the CQC Action Parameter command and picking #2. Do you always have to use #2? I'm just wondering why you choose #2 over the other 4 or 5 options. Thanks!
Brian - a long time user that rarely messes with the system now
Other systems used:
SageTV w/ cablecard tuner & multiple extenders for viewing
BlueIris and IP cameras for CCTV
Incredible PBX for home phone
Great job on the instructions, now I just need to get me an Android phone... :-)

Is it possible to just enter the trigger URL manually?
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
This probably should go in HowTo..

Russ...
zaccari Wrote:This probably should go in HowTo..

Russ...

I thought about that but this post is really explaining how to use a system provided driver and according to the How To guidelines it wouldn't go there. Once I start the Android Voice Control How To, I'll repost this part there.

Also, this was meant to address issues with legibility on the recorded video.

-Ben
wuench Wrote:Great job on the instructions, now I just need to get me an Android phone... :-)

Is it possible to just enter the trigger URL manually?

Thanks.

The intent/focus of the initial voice control Google Hangout video was to get into the CQC side of things so Android is not a prerequisite. There was discussion on another thread about an iOS voice option.

Not clear what you are asking about entering the trigger URL manually, to the Action? Dean would have to answer that as that would be backdoor driver voodoo.

-Ben
sic0048 Wrote:One question Ben. When writing the LVar contents into CQC, you are using the CQC Action Parameter command and picking #2. Do you always have to use #2? I'm just wondering why you choose #2 over the other 4 or 5 options. Thanks!

My understanding for this driver is it is always #2 as everything is parsed and sent in as one string with the text broken out by spaces.

Quote:hxxp://192.168.1.17:45821/cqcWebinar&1=Security&2=Home&3=Alarm4=Set&5=1&6=ArmAway
(hxxp so forum doesn't convert to a real URL & forum editor forcing a space in Ar mAway :-( )

Thus QCQActParm_2 is loaded with "Security Home Alarm Set 0 ArmAway" (no quotes)

-Ben
Yeh, it doesn't try to parse the parameters. They are all passed as once string as the second parameter, so you have to break out any sub-values if you are passing more than one thing.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google Play Music integration sic0048 1 1,384 12-25-2018, 11:52 AM
Last Post: batwater
  Basic Z Wave/CQC Integration Question MikeW 6 3,693 12-05-2018, 01:12 PM
Last Post: MikeW
  CQC Google Hangout (2/17 @ 10PM) jkmonroe 50 13,773 08-08-2015, 07:48 AM
Last Post: ellisr63
  Sizing templates on PC screen Deane Johnson 5 3,245 06-12-2015, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  user screen resolution ellisr63 4 2,717 11-30-2014, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Windows 8 Tablet Screen Control rsw686 7 5,193 09-22-2014, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ellisr63
  CQC+ Google Hangout Tue 12/3? IVB 22 7,465 12-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Last Post: DaveB
  3rd CQC Google+ Hangout - Tuesday Sept 24th 10pm (EDT) sic0048 15 5,532 11-30-2013, 08:42 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Looking for topics for our 4th CQC Google Hangout sic0048 1 1,966 09-25-2013, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Deephaven
  2nd Google Hangout - More on Mobile Voice Control sic0048 31 11,853 08-29-2013, 04:10 PM
Last Post: SomeWhatLost