Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voice-activated HA via tasker
Yeah, I have noticed Google Now doing this before I attached autovoice to it. The radio in the car or TV can activate it. I think part of the problem was I trained it on "Ok Google" instead of the standard "Ok Google Now". I am guessing if you use a non-standard phrase the recognition is less accurate.

I am trying to figure out how to add confirmation, but it is complicated to do in tasker. It's going to require some convoluted coding. I really wish tasker had a way to program it via a real editor vs just the phone interface. I did download the XML config file but it is very cryptic.
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
wuench Wrote:I am trying to figure out how to add confirmation, but it is complicated to do in tasker. It's going to require some convoluted coding. I really wish tasker had a way to program it via a real editor vs just the phone interface. I did download the XML config file but it is very cryptic.

Tasker programming is tedious that is for certain, I'm looking for a way to "RDP" into my phone or tablet and do it from a computer keyboard, mouse & monitor. There are solutions but I'm reluctant to root my current devices as I just don't have the time to mess with it.

For the confirmation consider this (presumes you are using AutoVoice); Set up your command key phrase to toggle a confirmation dialog. After "Yes / No" or whatever then set your last command ID to something, I use "Hal", and then re-trigger voice recognition. Make sure that any subsequent recognition tasks have the last command ID set to whatever you set in the confirmation task. Consider it like setting a conditional flag, only process if the flag is set...

With this method you can set up multiple "task paths" to follow based on what last command ID is set to.

-Ben
Correction. If for example you were using Hal as the command ID you would set the command ID of the initial AutoVoice recognition step where you wanted a match e.g. a Yes response and then for any subsequent iterations you would be looking for last command ID to = Hal for any commands that you wanted to process after receiving the "Yes" confirmation. Clear as mud, no?

-Ben
Here is a general question about CQC programming:

I have written many actions which are triggered by HTTPtrigger, and the same actions which are triggered by USBUIRT. How could I reorganize so I only have the actions in one place, and they could be triggered by either type of trigger?
My Other web server is Dropbox.
You could write a macro that contained all of your processing and then call the macro from either the HTTP or the USBUIRT triggers passing the parms from the trigger to the macro.
You can make them Global Actions. Then the actual actions just invoke the global actions, possibly passing in parameters from the incoming trigger.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
wuench Wrote:Yeah, I have noticed Google Now doing this before I attached autovoice to it. The radio in the car or TV can activate it. I think part of the problem was I trained it on "Ok Google" instead of the standard "Ok Google Now". I am guessing if you use a non-standard phrase the recognition is less accurate.

I am trying to figure out how to add confirmation, but it is complicated to do in tasker. It's going to require some convoluted coding. I really wish tasker had a way to program it via a real editor vs just the phone interface. I did download the XML config file but it is very cryptic.

Found an RDP solution, VMLite App Controller that allows you to set up your connection without root. It's only good until the phone is rebooted and then you have to hook it up to USB cable and run a desktop app to restart the server. Serves the purpose though, keyboard and mouse on the phone. Look for VMLite VNC Server in google play.

-Ben
Dean Roddey Wrote:You can make them Global Actions. Then the actual actions just invoke the global actions, possibly passing in parameters from the incoming trigger.

That sounds like my solution. I gather Global Actions are in separate files. Is there any speed penalty?
My Other web server is Dropbox.
It's obviously a little bit slower, but shouldn't be noticeable. Most actions are pretty small.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I've been messing around with this, on 4.5.5 and for some reason my action parameter 2 on .../Test?1=livingroomlights&2=100 is "livingroomlights 100" instead of just "100". Same for "...2=0". I am using POST, and I tried GET with the same results.

Should I just remove the "livingroomlights" part manually?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CQC Voice - What are you doing? gReatAutomation 2 1,461 07-17-2019, 04:28 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  CQC Voice Use cases IVB 20 8,526 06-02-2018, 02:26 PM
Last Post: IVB
  CQC Voice Mics other than Kinect/Acoustic Magic IVB 2 2,039 05-28-2018, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  your sched/triggered/tasker/IFTTT events IVB 17 9,261 01-18-2018, 07:41 AM
Last Post: RichardU
  Mic for CQC Voice and other misc Q's znelbok 15 8,168 12-12-2017, 02:48 PM
Last Post: IVB
  CQC Voice zane 3 3,250 10-16-2017, 09:20 AM
  anyone tasker scene <--> CQC? IVB 7 3,840 08-31-2016, 04:24 PM
Last Post: wuench
  how deep is your (echo voice control) love? IVB 197 50,856 05-23-2016, 08:47 AM
  Tasker Question jbh5000 3 2,985 12-26-2013, 07:10 AM
Last Post: wuench
  Android based device Voice control of CQC How To Discussion Thread batwater 5 4,645 12-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Last Post: RichardU