Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voice-activated HA via tasker
Dean Roddey Wrote:Entering it in the browser as a URL will do an HTTP GET. Have you trained it for more than one action? If so, are you sure you are invoking the right one?

I've only trained it for the action that occurs when I open it from the browser.
My Other web server is Dropbox.
Interesting. I'm also playing around with using Tasker. If I do an HTTP Get from Tasker, I can get the HTTP trigger to recognize the parameter. I'll work on this and report back.
Problem solved. I retrained it by using the HTTP Get from Tasker and it now works from both Tasker and a web page. I have no idea how training would prevent parameter recognition, but it did. Thanks for all the help.

Now I just need to figure out the HTML code that will allow me to issue an HTTP Get from a web page without opening a new window.
Ah maybe I should try that. I trained mine using a browser and never got the attributes to recognize. So I had to create separate entries for each command.

The browser's might be caching or something, might need to send cache-control headers from CQC to prevent that..
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
It worked fine for me training it from IE. I can't imagine any way in which the browser could prevent the query parameters from being seen, other than just not sending them which would be pretty weird. During training of course they are ignored because they don't matter in terms of setting the key string to invoke.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
It makes sense that they are ignored during training, because they can be changed after training. Regardless of the reason, the solution for me has been to train through the Tasker app.

I now have it set up so shaking my phone initiates AutoVoice. I am gleefully walking around my house shaking my fist at things and watching them tremble at the sound of my voice (or just turn on/off). Cool factor is off the scale and it is amazingly fast.
If you haven't seen it yet, you can now integrate Autovoice with Touchless Control on the MotoX and Nexus5 using the Xposed Framework and Google Search API. You must be rooted.

Google Now Integration - Demo
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6Woh20ullI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUoqOfPUy_rViHR0lJfInLyQ"]How To[/url]

1.) Root
2.) Install XPosed Framework - then click Install/Update within the app, this takes several minutes and there is no feedback so be patient. When finished Reboot
3.) Install Google Search API - You can find it in the XPosed Framework download section. When finished Reboot.
4.) Go into the XPosed Framework and select Google Search API in the plugins, verify it detects AutoVoice on the plugins tab.
5.) If AutoVoice is not detected, reinstall Autovoice (I had to do this on my MotoX)
6.) Go into AutoVoice and make sure Google Search Integration is enabled.

Now you can say "Ok Google Now" and perform your tasker tasks, no more Autovoice continuous mode, etc, needed.
Wuench

That is pretty cool. I had hoped that eventually you would be able to do these voice controls through Google Now rather than having to open up a special app to do it.

This definitely makes the Moto X pretty attractive with its "always listening" capabilities. I will likely get a new phone soon and have been considering the Nexus 5 and the Moto X. This just puts another check mark on the Moto X side.
Brian - a long time user that rarely messes with the system now
Other systems used:
SageTV w/ cablecard tuner & multiple extenders for viewing
BlueIris and IP cameras for CCTV
Incredible PBX for home phone
Well, looks like I have a little more work to do, some kid singing Elvis' Blue Christmas on the TV just disarmed my security system...
Wuench

wuench Wrote:Well, looks like I have a little more work to do, some kid singing Elvis' Blue Christmas on the TV just disarmed my security system...

That's awesome; an unfortunate side affect of always on listening! It's this type of concern that has me sticking with a gesture and then a specific key phrase like "Ok Jarvis" to reduce the potential of what you just described from happening.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CQC Voice - What are you doing? gReatAutomation 2 1,468 07-17-2019, 04:28 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  CQC Voice Use cases IVB 20 8,567 06-02-2018, 02:26 PM
Last Post: IVB
  CQC Voice Mics other than Kinect/Acoustic Magic IVB 2 2,049 05-28-2018, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  your sched/triggered/tasker/IFTTT events IVB 17 9,278 01-18-2018, 07:41 AM
Last Post: RichardU
  Mic for CQC Voice and other misc Q's znelbok 15 8,192 12-12-2017, 02:48 PM
Last Post: IVB
  CQC Voice zane 3 3,258 10-16-2017, 09:20 AM
  anyone tasker scene <--> CQC? IVB 7 3,848 08-31-2016, 04:24 PM
Last Post: wuench
  how deep is your (echo voice control) love? IVB 197 51,140 05-23-2016, 08:47 AM
  Tasker Question jbh5000 3 2,994 12-26-2013, 07:10 AM
Last Post: wuench
  Android based device Voice control of CQC How To Discussion Thread batwater 5 4,652 12-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Last Post: RichardU