Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strange problem
Dean Roddey Wrote:I dunno, but it's not because CQC is changing the size. It couldn't do that if you wanted it to. I was asking above, is your projector really 1280, or 1080? Most 1920 projects are HD resolution and are 1080 vertical. If so, why are you setting your video card to feed it 1280? That may be causing it to do something wierd. What's the native resolution of the projector?
Native resolution is 1920x1080 for the Epson 1080 projector. The Nvidia gt470 is also set at 1920x1080.
tia, Ron

My HT equipment I want to control by CQC (some day hopefully)
Yamaha CX-A5100, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, ISY 994i, LG 86" 4k FP, and a projector in the future
So, is the projector showing 1080 or 1280 incoming signal? Twice above you said 1280, so I was assuming that was what you really were seeing.

If both are set to 1920x1280, then I'd suggest a test where you just grab some image that you know is 1920x1080 and bring it up in a graphics program that will let you display it full screen and see what you see when you switch the display to the projector.

Is the projector the only display or is this a multi-display system with a local monitor and the projector running off another output?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
If the pc has media center on it I think there are some pic calibration stuff built in there. It's pretty clear there is a disconnect between the resolution of you projector and what your pc is putting out.
Dean Roddey Wrote:So, is the projector showing 1080 or 1280 incoming signal? Twice above you said 1280, so I was assuming that was what you really were seeing.

If both are set to 1920x1280, then I'd suggest a test where you just grab some image that you know is 1920x1080 and bring it up in a graphics program that will let you display it full screen and see what you see when you switch the display to the projector.

Is the projector the only display or is this a multi-display system with a local monitor and the projector running off another output?
The projector is the only display.
When I go to the info (through the menu) on the projector is says
Source HDMI
Input signal RGB-Video
Resolution 1920x1080
Scan mode Progressive

Here is a 1700x956 image I just made up in CS6 view actual pixels fullscreen mode (image is the green area)...

[Image: 1700x956_zpsa11c9617.png]

Here is a 1920x1080 image made up in CS6 view actual pixels fullscreen mode...
[Image: 1920x1080_zps70aa20bb.png]

These are both print screen images pasted to paint and then rez added and reviewed in CS6... then print screened again and pasted into paint and saved as a png.
tia, Ron

Yamaha CX-A5100, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, ISY 994i, LG 86" 4k FP, and a projector in the future
What you need is something with indicators around the edges so you know if you are seeing the whole thing or not. Something like that you won't know if it's being clipped or not.

Create something with maybe some small squares in the corners of a different color from the background. If you display that and you can see the small squares then you know you are seeing the whole thing.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:What you need is something with indicators around the edges so you know if you are seeing the whole thing or not. Something like that you won't know if it's being clipped or not.

Create something with maybe some small squares in the corners of a different color from the background. If you display that and you can see the small squares then you know you are seeing the whole thing.
Here ya go... My squares are not exactly square but they did go from the outer edge in CS6.
[Image: 1920x1080withbluemarkers_zps44d2c54a.jpg]
tia, Ron

If you import that and make it the background of the template, do the squares show up on the template?
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:If you import that and make it the background of the template, do the squares show up on the template?
Here it is...
[Image: test050313_zps6ea976fc.png]
tia, Ron

I have no idea what's going on. It cannot be a CQC problem, because it would require CQC doing something that it's not capable of doing, though many people would like it to. Of course you can set individual image settings to scale to fit or maintain aspect ratio and such in CQC. So you would want to set that to Upper Left, so that it just shows it in the upper left unscaled. If you have it set to scale to fit or Keep AR, it's going to affect how the image is displayed.

Is the text in both images above the same point size? If so, then clearly something is being scaled because it's a lot bigger in the second one.

Is the graphics card set up for a virtual monitor size that is larger than the physical display size?
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:I have no idea what's going on. It cannot be a CQC problem, because it would require CQC doing something that it's not capable of doing, though many people would like it to. Of course you can set individual image settings to scale to fit or maintain aspect ratio and such in CQC. So you would want to set that to Upper Left, so that it just shows it in the upper left unscaled. If you have it set to scale to fit or Keep AR, it's going to affect how the image is displayed.

Is the text in both images above the same point size? If so, then clearly something is being scaled because it's a lot bigger in the second one.

Is the graphics card set up for a virtual monitor size that is larger than the physical display size?

I think I am going to format the drive and reinstall this afternoon... It will give me a chance to also get a SSD for my c: drive. I have a feeling it is one of the MS updates that is causing the problem.
tia, Ron

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  JRiver problem ellisr63 4 1,625 11-17-2019, 10:59 AM
Last Post: ellisr63
  Strange behavior after replacing my router George M 6 1,786 05-21-2019, 05:18 PM
Last Post: George M
  DSB05 Problem wusupwchu 31 17,470 05-25-2017, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  VRCOP Problem wusupwchu 2 2,793 11-10-2016, 05:52 AM
Last Post: wusupwchu
  Problem installing latest beta Sacedog 14 7,453 12-30-2015, 04:19 PM
  Problem Running UPB through GC-100 jokermac 1 2,483 07-13-2014, 10:02 AM
  Problem setting up UPB driver bbrendon 1 1,889 01-11-2013, 11:28 PM
Last Post: bbrendon
  Problem with Repository when Doing Customized Install kblagron 7 5,332 05-27-2011, 10:14 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  [Solved] Problem with trial copy of CQC IV13 5 4,110 05-17-2011, 07:42 PM
Last Post: IV13
  Logon problem after upgrade Trioxide 3 2,255 06-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Trioxide