Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Trial/License Bug CQC v4.3
I just installed the new version of CQC and have requested a new license file. However, the new install did not give me any grace period in order to receive this file. Instead when I try to open CQC I get a dialog box with a message that I'm using CQC in trial mode and have 0 days left in my trial. As soon as I close this dialog box CQC closes so my system is totally unusable until I receive the new license file. Previous upgrades have never functioned this way so I suspect this represents a bug and not the expected operation in the current release.
It certainly should give you a trial period. No one else has mentioned it, so it must be something about your setup that's causing it, but I'm not sure what it would be. Is the clock set correctly ont he server?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
BTW, I've now responded to any requests I know of. Have you gotten your license yet?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean Roddey Wrote:It certainly should give you a trial period. No one else has mentioned it, so it must be something about your setup that's causing it, but I'm not sure what it would be. Is the clock set correctly on the server?

The server is set to sync the clock with a time server and I just checked and the time on the server is correct.

Dean Roddey Wrote:BTW, I've now responded to any requests I know of. Have you gotten your license yet?

Yes, I received the license file shortly after I posted the message to the forum. You're exceptionally good about sending out license files so I wasn't concerned about the down time. I just thought I should report the problem since I had never seen it on previous upgrades. In any event, I installed the license file and immediately received an error message that the user or password was incorrect. I don't recall ever seeing this error message when I installed a new license file on previous upgrades. However, once I shut down and restarted the CQC server, the username/password/license file was recognized and everything is again working as expected.

If you want any further information about my system in order to try and figure out want caused the problem in the first place let me know. Otherwise, I'll just wait and see if it recurs with the next upgrade.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CQC Drivers, License and Upgrades simplextech 4 1,627 01-09-2020, 09:22 AM
Last Post: simplextech
  License Problem ukbjorn2000 3 1,875 09-28-2014, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  iv/riva license invalid with upgrade to 3.2? pjwinstalls 26 4,826 06-13-2010, 09:11 AM
  upgraded...now in trial mode? pjwinstalls 1 1,957 01-04-2009, 03:37 PM
  Upgrading to 2.4 and License Target 23 5,705 07-06-2008, 09:21 AM
  Ok, I purchased, how do I get a license? jkish 2 1,577 02-14-2008, 01:09 PM
Last Post: jkish
  License questions Axatax 1 1,347 06-27-2007, 10:57 PM
  license question wolverines 1 1,422 12-09-2006, 09:34 AM
Last Post: IVB
  uninstall trial software greg_mitch 7 2,643 09-18-2006, 10:45 PM