Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driver can't find file.
I have 2 drivers that use a config file for naming fields. Both drivers check the FileSystem FileExists(name, True) to see if the file is there. I've verified both files are there. Driver 1 can open its file and Driver 2 can't (says it is not there).

I've tried changing the path of Driver 2 to point to the exact same path as Driver 1, but no difference.

Any ideas?
Is one running in the real CQCServer and another in the IDE? If so, the IDE isn't looking at the real macrofileroot directory, because that would require a privilege increase prompt. It's looking over in C:\ProgramData instead. That also of course lets you work on changes before you commit them.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Both drivers are running on the master server. The one that loaded I did through the admin interface, and the one that couldn't find the file I tried via the driver harness on the server itself.
MacroFileRoot for the driver harness is not in the same place as the one for the service. It is under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CQCData\xxxxxx\MacroFileRoot (On XP) or C:\ProgramData\CQCData\xxxx\MacroFileRoot (on Win7)
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
I'm running this on WHS, so that's probably closer to WinXP. All of my data is under c:\Program Files\CQC\CQCData\etc....

It must be the correct place because it USED to work (2 years ago) unless it's changed, and one of my drivers can find its file just fine, and they're both under the same directory. It's just that this other driver can't seem to.

I think I'll change the directory path for the driver that CAN find its file to the other path and see if it still can.
Things have changed.

For the GUI apps you have to use in the paths I specified above. Program Files is not the correct place for the developer tools anymore. It is still the correct place for the service (drivers in admin interface).

Dean changed this so Win7 and Vista don't throw UAC errors. Microsoft doesn't like GUI programs to store user data under Program Files any more.
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
Ok, gotcha. That will probably still trip me up at some point. But I don't think that's the case here, since these are both drivers running on the server itself.

I think what I may do is modify the driver to CREATE a file and see where the heck it ends up!
It's not the server or not, it's just in a GUI program vs. running as an installed driver. If both of the drivers are installed and running and under CQCServer, then yeh, they should both be looking in the same MacroFileRoot. But if you are running one under the IDE, then it's not going to be looking the Program Files version of MacroFileRoot.

Be sure you aren't getting tripped up by escape characters in the path. Double up your slashes.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Ok, I see it now. Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Driver for Amazon 4k Stick Darrie 3 510 01-15-2022, 02:21 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Variable Action "Find" command or alternate Shaky 3 524 11-02-2021, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Shaky
  Help with Log File Error karenlee 4 672 10-28-2021, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  CQSL Interface Driver connects but no control NightLight 3 569 10-26-2021, 01:12 PM
Last Post: NightLight
  ClickPLC driver now failing after upgrade znelbok 2 996 09-21-2020, 10:48 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Pentair driver tom 5 1,984 08-02-2020, 11:29 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Marantz receiver driver (IP) dlmorgan999 6 2,084 05-15-2020, 03:32 PM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  Variables Driver Client gReatAutomation 4 1,672 04-25-2020, 12:46 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Reconfig of Driver Causes Built In Triggers to Fire gReatAutomation 2 1,239 03-25-2020, 04:09 PM
  Lutron RadioRA2 Driver and Lutron Visor Control gReatAutomation 29 11,284 03-19-2020, 01:03 PM