Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I Increase POP Reader Timeout?
I have been getting long stretches of the error:
"GetResp:Timeout waiting for a response." from the POP3 email reader. I assume my mail provider is just not responding back quick enough. Haven't seen this problem on the PC/Mac email readers but they use SSL (CQC doesn't). Anyway, is it possible for me to increase the timeout, or is it fixed? I'm polling every 5 minutes but I know my host doesn't restrict polling intervals so that shouldn't be a problem.
Is this a driver you are talking about?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Yup. POP3 driver.
It's not currently adjustable without changing the CML. The current timeout looks to be 1.5 secs. That might be low, especially if you have a lot of headers to weed through in your inbox.

I'll look into making that configurable....
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
My fault. A bit of user error. When I was getting these timeout errors from "POP3" I was assuming that it was from the POP3 driver that I have reading from my email account. The error was very unspecific and basically says Pop3 timeout.

But QCQ also has an email that it uses to send emails, and this is set up in the admin interface. As it turned out, CQC was using an email account to send emails which I had deleted a while back, so these timeouts were when it tried to log into this account. I'm not really sure WHY it was trying to log into this account, but it was, every 5 minutes. Anyway, I put the account back and the problem was solved.
If it was doing something like that every 5 minutes, then either you have a scheduled event doing it, or something is being triggered every 5 minutes in a triggered event to do it.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:If it was doing something like that every 5 minutes, then either you have a scheduled event doing it, or something is being triggered every 5 minutes in a triggered event to do it.

Hmmm, that is the mystery. I have, on occasion, sent out email using the:

System:EMail(account, address, subject, msg) User Action.

If I did that at one time, but the email account was not valid, would it not continue to try to send it out, or would it just give up after the first time? It looks like it keeps trying.
If it's a triggered event it would only try it once upon the event being triggered. In order for it to happen again, it would have to be triggered again.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Increase Size of Context Screens gReatAutomation 1 223 10-04-2019, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Timeout Error kblagron 1 911 03-01-2016, 10:00 AM
  Request: Field Browser name column size increase dgage 1 1,436 03-21-2015, 07:39 PM
  Request for increase in attachment size for forum uploads kfly 2 1,010 10-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Last Post: kfly
  Increase/Decrease Button Type DaveB 1 941 06-23-2011, 04:14 PM
  HTTPClient Timeout Between Packets wuench 22 3,934 12-08-2010, 06:43 PM
  Increase/Decrease not showing pressed state EST 1 923 09-09-2008, 01:24 PM
  Volume smooth decrease/increase panos_k75 1 945 05-25-2008, 01:27 PM
  RS232 timeout values Brightan 4 1,894 02-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Brightan