Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Native Android app (auto-gen based)
OK, the error is happening when the app sets the poll list. It should be checking whether either music or movie monikers haven't be set and not set those fields, but maybe that's not happening. So I'm assuming you have no movie repo/renderer set on this room, right?

I'll look at it. It will only require a new APK, not a new release, so I can get it up in a bit, though I need to eat something first before I fall over.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
OK, I think I see the issue. It is checking to see if the moniker is set before using the fields, but it's checking the moniker against null, but when the XML is parsed, if they are not configured, the value becomes an empty string on the Java side. So I need to force any empty monikers back to null. Let me test it out and I'll upload a new APK.
Dean Roddey
Try the 20130910.Zip from the first post. It should work now. Sorry about that.
Dean Roddey
Thanks for the fix. Working very well so far.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
Hello,

Just installed Android App on Nexus 10 tablet. I was able to configure Server IP address and save credentials on the main page.

Application crashed after one of the rooms has been selected with the message: "Unfortunately, CQC has stopped." I do not have RIVA client purchased for the tablet. Is it a license issue?

Thank you,

Victor
What version of CQC are you running? It would have to be something pretty recent. It has to be at least one of the late betas leading up to 4.4, and since those aren't officially supported, effectively it needs to be 4.4.

Just so you know, this was mostly an experiment, and will likely give way to a new RIVA V2 system for the 5.0 release (though that's not set in stone at this point.) We won't be taking this one any further than it is for now.
Dean Roddey
I have upgraded CQC to 4.4. I guess it's specific to Android, the same templates work on Apple platform without any problems.
You mean using the room config based application on Apple? If so, then it's probably this program that has fallen out of sync with the code and I'll have to take a look at it.
Dean Roddey
I am using an ISY-99i with a driver version of 2.1. Will this allow me to use the lighting option on this? I couldn't tell from the discussion here whether the ISY was supported or not.
Well, at this point it's sort of a non-issue. This application was an experiment that won't be taken any further and won't work post-4.4.x. So probably not worth getting used to using it. The plan for 5.x is to re-address the tablet scenario in a much more (dare we say it) profound way. So a RIVA 2, or whatever we end up calling it. Depending on how it's implemented RIVA might not be an appropriate moniker I guess.

Though, if you did want to play with it, as long as the ISY driver correctly marks its lighting fields with the light switch or dimmer semantic field type, the room config should allow you to select them. The room configuration doesn't really know about specific drivers, except in a couple special cases (which will go away in 4.5 due to more standardization of drivers), it just uses semantic field types to decide what fields to allow you to select from to do various things.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Android RIVA Client: taRiva Fonceur 1,066 498,329 01-04-2019, 04:52 AM
Last Post: kfly
  native scroll for android client pasha 14 21,425 05-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  android app burkepaol4 1 10,675 12-19-2010, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Fonceur
  10 android burkepaol4 4 13,536 12-19-2010, 06:44 PM
Last Post: burkepaol4