Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silent Installation
Are there any command line options available on the installer to just to a silent upgrade of the current install? I am thinking no but hoping for a yes... Smile

I am exploring using Autohotkey to automate my installations....
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
Also, would be nice if you didn't try to recreate the InstEnv if it already exists. On a network based install this wastes a lot of time.
Wuench

There currently isn't such a mechanism in the installer.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
wuench Wrote:Also, would be nice if you didn't try to recreate the InstEnv if it already exists. On a network based install this wastes a lot of time.

Totally agree - but can;t you run from there instead of the normal cmd file?

That would prevent the unpacking of the files again.

I too would like to see a simple command line switch to indicate a simple upgrade.

I also dont like the check for the master server. I would like to be able just put the name there and be done with it - if its wrong then its my fault and I need to re-run the installer.

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
Or, why can the installer not automatically check for the presence of the Master Server as part of the package and stop and flag if there is an issue?
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
I didn't realize you could launch from the InstEnv, I never looked at what the cmd does. It probably takes me an half hour to hour to upgrade all of my machines. Here is the process I am considering automating across 5 machines. I have totally figured out what tools I want to use for this. Autohotkey may not be the best one. I looked into using EventGhost since I run it almost everywhere anyway, but it can't do some of these things.

Code:
Stop Service
Kill All CQC* Processes

Map Drive
Launch CQCSetup

Click Through Options
Close Browser Windows
Delete Shortcuts

If TrayApp available, start
If Touchpanel user exists, start IV under Touchpanel Account

Report Status
- Install Time
- Install Successful?
- Service Running?
- TrayApp Running?
- IV Running?
Wuench

I would be very interested in this type of approach. I have three machines and the update process in painfull. The hardest machine is one that is headless. You can not install via RDC as is confuses the Interface Viewer on that machine and prevents the other IV's from connecting to the server. I literally have to bring the machine to my office, connect a display/KB/Mouse and do the install. I have not discovered any easy way to accomplish this. A network based, no touch installation for updates would be the key to my issue.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
I have long hoped that we could get an automated update of at least the viewer only workstations.

Russ...
Dean what are the two parameters CQCInst.exe takes? I see a %1 and %2 in the CMD file, but doesn't look like they are being used.... Just curious...
Wuench

DaveB Wrote:I would be very interested in this type of approach. I have three machines and the update process in painfull. The hardest machine is one that is headless. You can not install via RDC as is confuses the Interface Viewer on that machine and prevents the other IV's from connecting to the server. I literally have to bring the machine to my office, connect a display/KB/Mouse and do the install. I have not discovered any easy way to accomplish this. A network based, no touch installation for updates would be the key to my issue.

This is unusual - I do all my updates via RDP with no issues at all.

Have you tried connecting in console mode instead?

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CQC server machine died. Trying to restore installation. AceCannon 1 2,470 04-29-2017, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Installation Error - dll missing znelbok 1 2,553 04-14-2017, 01:35 PM
  Installation error, missing file George M 1 2,536 10-23-2016, 04:31 PM
  Installation Issues with CQC 4.7.1 and WHS V1 kblagron 2 2,507 05-11-2015, 07:32 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  ZWave Installation Help jkmonroe 12 6,112 01-21-2014, 05:11 PM
Last Post: DaveB
  Help troubleshooting new installation : Nuvo GC and Clipsal C-bus CABrouwers 1 3,269 01-17-2014, 12:38 PM
  Installation option Andre 2 2,206 11-25-2013, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Andre
  installation failed on win7 ult x64, known issue? js19707 8 4,207 04-24-2012, 11:35 PM
  Using CQC Repo from an Old Installation klindy 2 2,078 12-27-2011, 08:55 PM
  New driver installation DJK 2 1,988 03-31-2011, 03:58 PM
Last Post: DJK