Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android Widgets directly controlling CQC!
You know, I've been working on an Android client based on the auto-generation system. I've got it to the point where I need to stop and do the next stop in the auto-gen system before I moved forward, else I'll be doing redundant work. But I certianly know enough at this point to make a simple program that would work through the XML Gateway, to allow you to write to fields, run global actions, etc... Then you could just set up 'desktop' or whatever they are called on Android links that invoke it with desired parameters to do what you want.

That would probably be one of the 'shortest route' type of scenarios in terms of making something happen from the Android client without a full touch screen client invocation.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean Roddey Wrote:You know, I've been working on an Android client based on the auto-generation system. I've got it to the point where I need to stop and do the next stop in the auto-gen system before I moved forward, else I'll be doing redundant work. But I certianly know enough at this point to make a simple program that would work through the XML Gateway, to allow you to write to fields, run global actions, etc... Then you could just set up 'desktop' or whatever they are called on Android links that invoke it with desired parameters to do what you want.

That would probably be one of the 'shortest route' type of scenarios in terms of making something happen from the Android client without a full touch screen client invocation.

For me, the thing I want is to kick off a cqc action without invoking taRiva so I can execute it quickly. It would be embedded in a series of other steps or in tasker (ie, When I arrive home based on nearby wifi).

Happy to test whatever you have to see how it could fit into that scenario. Tasker call url has a minor annoyance in that it opens up chrome. I can call an app via tasker so if there was a cqc app that accepted the name of a cqc global action I'd be set.
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
Waiting for my 2 free tags from Tasker and then I can try this out. :-)
tia, Ron

My HT equipment I want to control by CQC (some day hopefully)
Yamaha CX-A5100, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, ISY 994i, LG 86" 4k FP, and a projector in the future
Okay, GeekGASM alert...

WhooHoo, I just sent a triggered a message to CQC from an NFC tag, no popups, nadda... :-D

The NFC tag contains the text tasker://ArmAway - message sent to CQC via tasker HTTP post, the actual command to CQC is anything I want.

IVB, you don't need to code the URL of your server and a 2 letter cryptic code, just the tasker action you want to pass to Tasker to trigger, you can put anything you want in the HTTP post command inside Tasker ...

Android apps:

Tasker (install first)

NFC Task Launcher (I set this to the default when a tag is scanned, don't know if this is good or bad yet, but it gets rid of the popup asking me what app to associate with the tag. I need to use Google Wallet to see if it behaves properly, I think it will but have to go shopping for that test)

Tasker URL Launcher - I also have this installed and am trying to figure out the interaction with this / NFC Task Launcher and Tasker. Have an email in to the developer for some insight. Based on the little bit of help on the app's google store page I believe it is what is picking up the tasker://<Tasker Action> and passing it through to Tasker which then triggers the action named <Tasker Action>.

In Tasker:

Create a Task that contains the HTTP Post command you want to send.

Mine is named ArmAway

HTTP Post:

ServerTongueort <your server IP address or DNS name:port if you are allowing from the outside>, 192.168.0.222 for example

Path: /CMLBin/User/NFC (NFC is what I named the macro you provided)

Data: Cmd=GeekGASM

For debugging I also added another action to the task that does a notify that blinks the LED and some text. You can grab the HTTP Post error code from the %HTTPR variable

That's it.

Thanks IVB, Mykel, Dean!!!

This just too cool

-Ben
Cool, thanks, i'll have to try that tomorrow!
I now ressurect this thread for an important question. As it is, when you use this in a web browser, it takes you to a page that says "Success." Is there any way to stop that feedback?

And by the way, I use this every day and it's still awesome.
My Other web server is Dropbox.
not that I know of.
I'm not sure about your immediate concern, but be aware that you don't have to use the Web Server anymore (i.e. have your handling actions be CML based.) There is an HTTP trigger driver these days, so you can train it just as you would an IR remote control and just create regular actions. So that much at least is considerably less complicated than it was back at the time this was being done.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:There is an HTTP trigger driver
Where would I find this driver or documentation for it. I looked in the drivers section, searched the: Action Reference, Event System Guide, Web Server Guide, etc.
My Other web server is Dropbox.
Yeh, someone mentioned it's not really been documented yet. I haven't had time to get to it. But basically just load it, give it port to listen on. Once loaded you load up the client side interface and you can train it just as you train IR or the other general triggering drivers. The path part of the URL is the bit that it trains on, and the parameters are sent in as the 2nd action parameter, so:

http://myserver/somepath/someresource?1=x&2=y

would train on //myserver/somepath/someresource, so you could subsequently invoke that same action with other query parameters. The parameters would come to action parameter 2 as "x y", and you can use them however you like to do whatever you want.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CQC controlling Model Railroad??? Deane Johnson 53 32,257 05-12-2017, 02:11 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  Any way to add click sound to widgets on my iPad? Deane Johnson 1 1,609 08-15-2016, 03:29 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Controlling Insteon Scene Controller buttons ellisr63 8 5,576 10-14-2014, 11:38 AM
Last Post: SomeWhatLost
  Android based device Voice control of CQC How To Discussion Thread batwater 5 4,471 12-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Last Post: RichardU
  Controlling ZigBee (or Z-Wave) on HAI anogee 2 2,353 12-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Animated image Widgets DaveB 1 1,596 12-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Controlling an onscreen GUI cavalier240 10 4,297 03-20-2012, 09:40 AM
Last Post: standon
  Need help with controlling an app simon 26 10,056 11-28-2009, 01:42 PM
Last Post: sic0048
  XLat'd widgets not updating Sendero 7 2,704 01-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Sendero
  Controlling devices that use HDMI-CEC cavalier240 4 3,091 09-26-2008, 05:25 AM
Last Post: sic0048