Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone using the Tray Monitor on XP?
Someone was complaining that the app control bit of the Tray Monitor doesn't seem to be working, and in this case it's on XP. I don't have an XP system to test on, so I was wondering if anyone is using the TM on XP to do app control without any problems?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean Roddey Wrote:Someone was complaining that the app control bit of the Tray Monitor doesn't seem to be working, and in this case it's on XP. I don't have an XP system to test on, so I was wondering if anyone is using the TM on XP to do app control without any problems?

One of my touchscreen hosts is still running XP and the Tray app is running just fine. I use the control app portion to turn the screen off at late night then back on in the morning.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
Could you try, just as a quick experiment, setting up a keymapped action or something simple like that, and using it to send a RemExecApp command, running the little Windows shutdown.exe program, to see if that works?
Dean Roddey
Sure - I will set it up and let you know in a bit.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
Well the words "sure I will help" sent me down a rabbit hole of reloading, checking , testing and now concluding that whoever reported the issue is correct; The Tray app is broken on XP. It loads, but nothing will connect to it and no errors are thrown.

I am simply trying to connect the CQC Interface Viewer driver and it now will not connect. I am running .906
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
Is there a firewall exception showing up for it? Maybe it's just blocked by the firewall?

I'm not sure what you are meaning about the IV driver?
Dean Roddey
Firewall is off and there are no exceptions.

The driver is the interface viewer driver, but that worked after a reboot and is unrelated, although sometimes the machine must be rebooted in order for it to work.

After the reboot, I also can now call and run a remote app on the XP machine from the server machine.

System::StartRemApp(TouchScreen1, shutdown.exe, /i, C:\\)

This works just fine on the remote machine.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
I discovered some issues with the TM for this command, that it wasn't pushing it's (hidden) launcher window forward to be the front window, which could cause the attempt to launch a program to fail sometimes.

But, other than that, is anyone having any issues with this guy on XP, particluarly with auto-start? Is the auto-start task showing up in the Windows task manager, and also particularly in the later .906 betas?
Dean Roddey
I would agree that it did not place the window on top. I also had to manually add the shortcut to the startup task bucket. It was not added automatically.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
It doesn't use the Startup folder anymore, it uses the task manager. If you add it to the startup folder, that will probably run first and may prevent the other one from starting. Do you see a task for the TM in the Windows task scheduler?
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  tray icon keeps disappearing MikeA 64 20,994 12-14-2019, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Generic-Network Monitor - Config File Error gReatAutomation 17 6,426 06-27-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  can i monitor the battery status? indygreg 10 6,369 06-12-2017, 10:16 AM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  EVent Server Monitor znelbok 1 1,985 06-07-2017, 12:36 PM
  Tray Monitor hangs/crashes out of sleep mode Bugman 5 2,847 01-18-2016, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Bugman
  parameter not saving for event monitor bbrendon 2 1,957 10-26-2015, 03:55 PM
  Tray Application issue Bugman 4 2,773 03-30-2015, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Bugman
  any way to monitor CQC bbrendon 2 1,972 12-16-2014, 07:14 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  iTunes via Tray? jkmonroe 7 3,589 01-02-2014, 04:25 AM
Last Post: gacevich
  Reinstall Tray Monitor for Itunes Support CMorrow 1 2,218 12-18-2013, 10:54 AM