Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polk XM receiver commands
Dean - Well the GC-100 modifications concerning com ports are working great! The very interesting thing is that I have been fighting two way communication for years with two devices that now magically work very well.

So, back to an old nemisis. Can you provide some tips on the Polk XM commands available concerning the Navigation commands via the enumerated write field;

1.Can I somehow list the catagories or available channels as example on screen for selection? What does "Menu" do other than bring the menu up on the local unit?

2.I can set to a preset without issue. I can also set a specific channel number via the "write2" action.

3."Mute" does not work and the driver throws an error that it is not connected, even though it is

4.Metadata is flowing very nicely, which is a first.

I basically need to figure out how to control the device via the driver and am having issues.

I wish that the XM Channel Info driver still worked. I was a great combination. I think those days are over with XM now that they clamped down the system.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
Can't help you with most of that. For #1, just load up a static list browser. You can pass it either one or two lists of quoted comma lists. Thet wo list version is generally what you want. Load the first list with the readable names, and the second list with whatever identifier is required to select that value. The first list are presented to the user visually. When they select one, there are two RTVs that provide the first and second list values of the selected item. Use the second list item to write to the field to select the desired thing.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean Roddey Wrote:You can pass it either one or two lists of quoted comma lists. The two list version is generally what you want. Load the first list with the readable names, and the second list with whatever identifier is required to select that value. The first list are presented to the user visually. When they select one, there are two RTVs that provide the first and second list values of the selected item. Use the second list item to write to the field to select the desired thing.

The issue is that I can not determine what the identifier is.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
Is it something that changes dynamically, or is the values of an enumerated field? If it changes dyanmically, the driver would have to provide a query for that. There would need to be a backdoor query command probably, which would return the names and ids of the channels. It can be returned as a 'double quoted comma list', which is one quoted comma list of names, a new line, and then a quoted comma list (of the same size) of values.

You can load these types of double lists directly into a list browser similar to what was discussed above, but as a single parameter so that both can be returned from the driver in a single query. So it would come out something like:

Devices::QueryDrvText("mydriver", "ChannelList", LVar:Lists);
MyBrowser:SetDblBrowserList(%(LVar:Lists, "^1"));

Just going by memory, so I could be slightly off. Notice the supression of further processing of the expanded list variable when passing it to the browser, so that the new line doesn't get munged.

Of course the server would have to be careful, if returning arbitrary data, to escape any quotes that might be in the values, but there are helper methods on the string tokenizer to build up these types of lists with proper escapement. The list browser will correctly unescape them when it receives the list.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
That actually is the issue. What the Polk returns is unknown for Catagory and Channel Name. The driver spec really does not document what is returned or the field type. Maybe it does not produce a list at all.

I thought that when I had this set up previously, that I could retreive the data for other stations and a catagory list.

I may be getting this confused for when I also integrated the XM meta data driver.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
Well, I answered my own question. I found the original driver spec for the unit and I was looking for lists that do not exist. About all you can do is change channels and get now playing meta-data. All of the additional functionality was from the other driver that no longer works do to SiriusXM changes.

Now to continue on with the interface build. The GC-100 serial port functionality is working great.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Marantz receiver driver (IP) dlmorgan999 6 2,127 05-15-2020, 03:32 PM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  RadioRA2 Visor Control Receiver - Input support gReatAutomation 12 4,765 02-24-2020, 07:38 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Can't Find a Couple of Documented Action Commands kblagron 7 3,981 10-02-2018, 05:47 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Onkyo receiver volume issue dlmorgan999 26 9,065 03-07-2018, 09:44 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Additional HTTP REST commands requested greymatter 3 2,903 08-25-2017, 09:17 AM
  Polk XRT12 random disconnects - Solved kfly 0 1,572 04-13-2017, 05:40 AM
Last Post: kfly
  Polk Xrt12 Driver will not connect DaveB 4 3,319 04-03-2017, 05:39 PM
Last Post: DaveB
  How To Use Backdoor Commands From Admin Interface MikeW 1 1,807 12-11-2016, 02:12 AM
  Test Receiver action in USB-UIRT? Bugman 1 2,258 11-14-2016, 04:31 AM
  Receiver Drivers? jkmonroe 10 4,862 05-07-2016, 08:22 AM
Last Post: ellisr63