Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serial Connection to Arduino
I have an Arduino which is spitting out text over the serial connection.

I can see it in the Arduino serial monitor.

Can anybody help me with the best way to parse this text and stick it in to variables in CQC?

I can see the txt being spat out over the serial connection with the Arduino serial monitor, but can't figure out how to connect to and parse this info in to cqc using the generic serial based trigger driver. Basically what I'd like to do is parse the text which contains temp and humidity for the different sensors, and them update the values of each in to variables in the variables driver.

The serial driver connects, but I can't figure out how to parse the text.

Is this the best way to do this? I'm sure the best way to do it is to write a driver, but never done this before.

thanks!

Charles
For something like that you'd need to do a simple PDL driver probably. That way you'd have a separate driver that has its own fields and it has the ability to parse the incoming text.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Back to the tutorials for me then, and running that as yet untouched shortcut "Develop PDL Drivers.."
If you need a driver done for you, let me know.
Dean Roddey
charles Wrote:I have an Arduino which is spitting out text over the serial connection.

I can see it in the Arduino serial monitor.

Can anybody help me with the best way to parse this text and stick it in to variables in CQC?

I can see the txt being spat out over the serial connection with the Arduino serial monitor, but can't figure out how to connect to and parse this info in to cqc using the generic serial based trigger driver. Basically what I'd like to do is parse the text which contains temp and humidity for the different sensors, and them update the values of each in to variables in the variables driver.

The serial driver connects, but I can't figure out how to parse the text.

Is this the best way to do this? I'm sure the best way to do it is to write a driver, but never done this before.

thanks!

Charles

Charles: I have an Arduino board coming in with some Zigbee radios, and I'm curious about your application and code within the Arduino board to interface with CQC. Could you share your application (and code perhaps) Smile.

I'm getting up to speed on Zigbee radios and RCS thermostats, and I bought a bunch of used Arduino stuff, but a complete newbie on the latter.

Thanks.

Bugman Dan
BTW, I did a driver for him. It's in the build. However, because of the nature of the Arduino, it's a generic driver and you have to provide some code on the device side to spit out the info required. I don't knwo if he's added code on the device yet to interface to the driver or not.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:BTW, I did a driver for him. It's in the build. However, because of the nature of the Arduino, it's a generic driver and you have to provide some code on the device side to spit out the info required. I don't knwo if he's added code on the device yet to interface to the driver or not.

Yep, thats what I figured as I saw the driver release and connected the dots.....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CQC Server Closing Connection gReatAutomation 1 1,142 12-19-2019, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Serialization of CQC SMS Serial Interface Driver gReatAutomation 52 18,562 09-21-2019, 12:59 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Serial Ports edge540 8 2,307 07-19-2019, 04:59 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Lost Power - Elk connection problem Ron Haley 7 3,208 03-05-2019, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Ron Haley
  With the ELK M1 does the Serial connection have more then the IP? ghurty 10 3,347 12-31-2018, 01:13 PM
Last Post: batwater
  Parsing Serial Trigger data Bugman 3 2,634 12-01-2016, 02:09 PM
  Global Cache 180 serial port compatibility? MikeA 2 2,148 09-26-2016, 08:24 PM
Last Post: MikeA
  Marantz AV7702mkII loses connection MikeA 1 1,433 07-18-2016, 10:20 AM
  Serial cables wusupwchu 9 3,295 11-16-2015, 07:28 PM
Last Post: bbrendon
  (RA2) driver lost connection lleo 17 6,369 03-30-2015, 02:48 PM