Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Itunes Control
Dean,

Can you tell me how i can get an entire album to play with the new Itunes driver?

I cant seem to get it to play more then one track at a time.
Are you queuing all of the tracks? If they are all queued up, the tracks should play sequentially.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
Hi Dave,

I dont really see how to queue them. im writing seltrackbycookie on the media list browser and media item browser.

the only other command i see is selplbycookie and that one doesnt like the itemcookie or the colcookie
For a good example, build a test interface with the interfaace generator that is in the CQC admin interface application. Then edit that new interface and look at the commands. You can copy and paste those commands and macros into your interface build.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
iTunes doesn't really have any concept of an album, not really as far as I can tell. It is just a list of tracks that it can group together visually if you want, by sorting them by the artist and album name.

Dave is using our audio player, not the iTunes player. When you use our audio player, we are never asking iTunes 'play this album'. Our player maintains the playlist and just queues up one song at a time on iTunes. So the concept of an album in that case is our concept, not iTunes'.

For the iTunes player, we have to be able queue stuff up by the ids we get from iTunes, but there's no id for an album, only for tracks and playlists. We'd have to provide I guess a different command in that case which would individually queue up all the tracks that we think are in an album, or something like that.

BTW, the SelPLByCookie works with playlists. So if you go to the Playlists category, you can queue those up as a whole using that command.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
ok thanks.

so maybe ill try out the cqc player and see how that works.
Ultimately it's a better deal unless there's some technical reason you can't use it. It's far more integrated and they run in the background, so you can run multiple instances to feed different zones and such.
Dean Roddey
Setting it up as we speak. i had to reload all my itunes music because it didnt like the mapped drive i was using. thats ok though. looks promising.
Yeh, gotta access all the files via a shared directory, not a local or shared drive.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CQSL Interface Driver connects but no control NightLight 3 494 10-26-2021, 01:12 PM
Last Post: NightLight
  IR Control LesAuber 1 784 08-03-2020, 07:40 PM
Last Post: LesAuber
  Lutron RadioRA2 Driver and Lutron Visor Control gReatAutomation 29 11,030 03-19-2020, 01:03 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  RadioRA2 Visor Control Receiver - Input support gReatAutomation 12 4,558 02-24-2020, 07:38 AM
  JRiver MC - Video and Control simplextech 2 1,319 01-08-2020, 01:57 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  Simple device control from Admin Interface simplextech 7 3,000 01-04-2020, 12:18 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  Leak Gopher Control Valve - NoAutoMatch gReatAutomation 5 2,207 06-12-2019, 05:09 PM
  iTunes breakup Mark Stega 1 931 06-04-2019, 10:46 AM
  Throwing another (sort of hybrid) voice control option out there Dean Roddey 25 12,681 09-12-2017, 07:49 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Control of Epson Projector Using IR Jnetto 6 4,930 08-08-2017, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Jnetto