Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Track Names
Hi - has anyone experienced this... I'm using the File Tag Repo, and pulling in my iTunes library.

On a few albums, the cover art and album name is displaying in my media browser, but none of the track names or the artist name.

Any pointers on solving this? There are lots of albums displaying correctly, it's just a few that have this issue (one of them a freshly ripped CD).

Thanks
Karen
It can be finicky about tags. I haven't messed with it in a while, but at one point I downloaded an app (I think it was media monkey) that let you view both the ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags. I found that some of my tracks had one and not the other, so I just made sure all my songs had v1 and v2 tags and that the information matched.

It looked to me like some ripping apps will write one or the other and that the File Tag Repo preferred a particular one... I can't remember which...
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
I spent 2 years fighting ID tag issues and cover art issues(file tag repo) because of where I get my MP3's from. Decided to let iTunes manage files and Switched to iTunes via Tray Monitor repo (the new one works great). No more problems.
Kevin
I just play internet radio now through my Denon and don't touch my music anymore Smile

I recently tried to convert to the iTunes repo again, but I have a lot of WMA music that iTunes can't read. I finally gave up...

In my dream of dreams, Dean finally opens up Media Repos through CML so I can just use update the XBMC driver and just use that....
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
MP3 metadata tags are one of the few places where we use third party (MS) code to do higher level stuff, so we are kind of stuck with whatever it supports in terms of tag names. If you have lots of WMA stuff, then something like JRiver would be a better option.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I use a combination of Squeeze for Internet Music / SiriurXM and I use the new Tray App iTunes driver for ripped music and downloaded music. Now that the driver works so well, I no longer use the File Tag Repo nor do I need to fight with file tag issues. If you utilize the Quicktime player, you can also play protected m4p files as well. iTunes now manages my library.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
Okay everything is great now.

I changed to the iTunes library, but iTunes is really REALLY pants at getting the album art for ripped CDs, (either couldn't find it, or insisted on adding the incorrect art) plus the metadata was all over the place.

I went back to FileRepo, and found that if I ripped my CDs to MP3 format, the metadata and album art was pretty much perfect (I did have to fiddle in some cases where Contributing Artist field is being used as Artist, which means a lot of my CDs ended up filed under 'Various Artists'. I had to clean that field up, then everything was fine).

The CD's ripped to m4a some years ago seem to have unfixable metadata - missing Artist (even though it's there in iTunes, Windows Media, and visible on the hard drive), and also, when viewed in IV, had missing songs. When re-ripped to MP3, all these problems went away.
I primarily use downloaded music but agree the iTunes has issues when ripping music. The latest version is a large improvement however. Due to utilizing Dow loaded music, I stuck with iTunes all g with a few thhidd party apps to spruce up the metadata.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Install Error []dll is missing ControlFreak 2 3,539 11-05-2017, 02:18 PM
Last Post: ControlFreak
  Installation Error - dll missing znelbok 1 2,551 04-14-2017, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Installation error, missing file George M 1 2,533 10-23-2016, 04:31 PM
  How do you keeping track of your CML code? bbrendon 5 2,974 11-30-2015, 12:12 PM
  DuneHD V2 driver missing "return" CMD NightLight 2 2,530 08-03-2015, 02:03 AM
Last Post: NightLight
  LogZoneXXX missing in Elk driver dkemme 2 1,649 12-16-2012, 07:07 AM
Last Post: dkemme
  RSS Newsfeeds - Am I missing something? ShockValue 5 2,229 02-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Last Post: jrlewis
  Media Item Browser Current Track Hi-Lite DaveB 2 2,016 11-20-2009, 05:57 PM
Last Post: DaveB
  My experience with Z-Wave through elk OR how do i make groups or change the names? SamVimes2 6 2,772 07-08-2009, 07:14 AM
Last Post: SamVimes2
  Changing Repo Names always causes issues sic0048 6 2,565 03-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Last Post: sic0048