Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is using user actions?
I need to setup a triggered event on a user action for the new scene controller support in the vrcop zwave driver. Dean stated that the scenen controller sends user actions with the name of the controller and the scene number evoked.

is this something like backpatiocontroller.1?

For the triggered action I see there is "is user action from", "is user action for" etc. Which is the best to use and how should it be configured?
Check the documentation in the Event System technical doc for the specifics. They will be two separate values. Typically you want to filter on driver moniker and the first value (controller name in this case), then you can react to the second value within the action. That's donewith the User Action For, which lets you filter on those two things.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I find it easiest to use CQCEventDump from the CQC command line to determine the event parameters. As for the whole which action to use it depends on what you are trying to filter and how specific you want to be.

For example:

The ISY driver sends User Action Events any time a variable is updated. I used to use is User Action For, but that will trigger on any User Action Event from the driver of type Variable. So I had to parse out the variable name myself from the data.

I recently changed to Is This User Action which allows you to filter on the Driver, Type and Data and I now have one triggered event for each variable.
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
Yeh, it depends on whether the second value is something you want to react to in the action itself (i.e. it's an event where something goes off or on and you want the same action to handle both on and off), or if you want the action to only handle one set of values for both and to be able to assume it's only been invoked because they occurred.

In a lot of cases what's important is what specific thing happened, in which case you generally only care about the first value in terms of filtering, and the action just knows it got called because something happened to the thing referenced in the first value. If you want to run something if a lock is either locked or unlocked, for instance, and the action itself looks and sees which state it went to (or doesn't even care which state it went to, only that it changed, for instance if you wanted to speak the new state.)

In other cases you may want to filter for both of them. So, if you wanted to run the action only if a specific lock went to a specific state and the action can assume that state has occurred.
Dean Roddey
I have
"Is User Action For"
Device: Lighting.BackPatioController
Type: 2 (for scene 2)

nothings happening.

How does this CQC event dump work?
You didn't provide a device, you provided a field (or a unit name in the form of a field). If it asks for a device, it wants a device moniker. It'll ask for a field when a field is appropriate. The type would be the first value, so the name of the controller in this instance. So presumably you would want:

Device: Lighting
Type: BackPatioController

The event dumper is just a simple command line program that will show you all triggers that are being sent out. Open the CQC Command Prompt and run:

CQCEventDump
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pause / Resume Triggered or Scheduled Actions from the Interface Viewer gReatAutomation 2 1,269 10-30-2019, 01:38 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Display of an Extended Wait for User Image kblagron 4 1,312 09-20-2019, 02:21 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Omni arming mode user info dlmorgan999 2 929 05-02-2019, 04:42 PM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  Some workarounds to copy/paste Actions RichardU 3 1,769 01-19-2018, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Regular Expersions in Actions znelbok 1 1,314 12-26-2017, 05:48 PM
  Saving Global Actions RichardU 1 1,250 12-20-2017, 11:18 AM
  String list in actions znelbok 3 2,204 11-06-2017, 04:10 PM
  Can't Login to IV with New User Account Jnetto 10 5,671 10-28-2017, 11:07 AM
  \User\CQC\Blanker pinballmark 2 1,722 10-09-2017, 12:54 PM
Last Post: pinballmark
  Cant use fields of Denon driver in global actions George M 4 3,456 12-18-2016, 06:21 PM