Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Image toggle?
I think I saw this somewhere, but can't for the life of me find it in the docs or tutorial vids.

I have about 8 buttons on my main template, which load appropriate overlays. The buttons are photoshop customs I made. I have two color schemes; one for default, and one for when selected.

Is there a way to change the image associated with a button? This needs to be 'sticky' until I select another button, so the on-pressed option won't get it done. I vaguely remember seeing something on sorting through a list of buttons and turning off/on something with them? Turning the music button from 'blue to green' would be easy, I would just have to cycle through all the others to check to see if they needed to be turned off.

I managed it with putting a single green button on each of my overlay templates, but that seems kludgee(sp?). I guess I could also do it with all 16 buttons onscreen, and manage with visibility. That's assuming an invisible button is disabled (I think so). There's a command in the cmd options referencing namedimage, but I can't seem to figure out how it works.

I'll keep reading.

Thanks all,

Russ
Flamin' Noobie...
Warp speed now and don't give me any of that dilythium crystal crap!
Generally the scheme is to use a 'radio button' type effect with check boxes. If you look at the tutorial video on check boxes it demonstrates how to do that.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean,

Thanks, that worked well. There's a bit of a delay before the 'true' image sticks, but it's not significant.

Slowly but surely working out my Music page. For efficiency, I should just design all the works, not caring about looks or button style. But, I find that if I design backgrounds/buttons on the fly (and update/chage them), I continually come up with tweaks and in the end I think it's a better layout... albeit it took me longer to get there.

Russ
Flamin' Noobie...
It won't update until a variable value update pass is done, which generally can't happen until the action ends. But, if you are doing the update of the variable after doing something else, you may want to move it to the first command in the action. It might not make it any faster if it can't get an update pass until the whole action is done. But, if it does manage to do one, then that'll get it updated fast.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Yeah,

I thought through that logic too, didn't seem to make much difference so I thought something else must be going on.

Russ
Flamin' Noobie...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Image Pack from 2006 jkmonroe 20 5,707 11-20-2015, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  If ... Else to create toggle command? finish.06 3 2,349 06-12-2014, 07:13 AM
  Export an image? Sendero 3 2,416 10-26-2013, 08:34 PM
  popup moves image over ellisr63 3 2,386 06-04-2013, 12:24 PM
  Capture image Trioxide 2 1,940 04-26-2013, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Trioxide
  Animated image Widgets DaveB 1 1,678 12-11-2012, 08:48 PM
  Full screen and max image??? rtarver 5 2,950 08-26-2012, 05:42 AM
Last Post: rtarver
  Automatically refresh web image widget in RIVA? standon 8 4,463 02-26-2012, 08:45 AM
Last Post: kfly
  Web Image widget jmark 1 1,582 03-01-2010, 05:57 PM
  OmniStat Fan Mode, Toggle x 3? AnthonyZ 8 3,156 12-15-2009, 12:11 PM