Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble upgrading win7 client
I installed CQC 4.2.5 last night on my win XP MS named homecontroller and the additional CQC server, also Win XP after turning on IPV6 on both per the install instructions. That seemed to go fine.

I went to upgrade my Win 7Home 64bit laptop this morning and am having issues. I started a cmdPrompt with Run As Administrator and tried to change to my mapped network drive (on my MS) to install but the cmd prompt shell said it couldn't find the drive even though the file manager could see it fine. I tried pinging homecontroller and it applied the ISP network extension homecontroller.tx.rr.com and a strange IP addresss with no sucessful pings. When I ping the MS static IPv4 address I get responses.

So I copied the install zip file local and extracted, then in the cmd prompt I changed to that local folder and ran the installer to upgrade exisiting system. I only install the IV, client tools and Riva clients. The installer ran, but didn't ask to test for MS, like the CQC server machine did. I then tried to start the IV and after logging in, I get a error that it couldn't open the default template and when I checked the details, it had the strange ISP address.

I closed the IV and started this message. I wanted to get the exact error so I restarted the IV and it came up without a template, so I used open and selected a template and this time it opened fine.

Then I tried to open the IV editor and get waiting for CQC, so I went back to the IV and tried clicking a widget and get there error: Could not contact the CIDLib Name Server (at homecontroller:13502).

Not sure what my problem is but it seems to be network address related. Any suggestions.
BTW, I tried the taRiva client on my phone via wifi to see if I could see the speed improvements and when it first started the template loaded quickly, when I tried to touch a widget the spinning indicator started going constantly and is unresponsive, and takes many tries just to get the app settings menus to come up or the back button to quit. I tried starting it again and it now starts with only the template background image showing (no widgets) and the indicator spinning constantly.
kayemsi Wrote:BTW, I tried the taRiva client on my phone via wifi to see if I could see the speed improvements and when it first started the template loaded quickly, when I tried to touch a widget the spinning indicator started going constantly and is unresponsive, and takes many tries just to get the app settings menus to come up or the back button to quit. I tried starting it again and it now starts with only the template background image showing (no widgets) and the indicator spinning constantly.

What version of Android are you seeing this on?
ICS. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3. TaRiva was working fine before I upgraded CQC from 4.0.10 to 4.2.5. I have the latest taRiva available from Google Play.
I also tried to install the clients on another Vista PC that I have never sucessfully installed before.

Before I started, I did ping homecontroller and got response from the internal address as it should with a admin cmd prompt. I still could not cd to the network mapped drive so copied the install files to local desktop and extracted, cd there and ran the installer. This was a new setup so I chose fully custom install and chose local clients and the IV. I typed homecontroller at the box for Master Server and when it got to the point to Test, it failed as it always does on this Vista PC.
kayemsi Wrote:ICS. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3. TaRiva was working fine before I upgraded CQC from 4.0.10 to 4.2.5. I have the latest taRiva available from Google Play.

That's weird. I'm running taRiva 1.09 and Android 4.04 on both a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and an HTC Evo LTE with no symptoms like you are describing either on WiFi or celluar data networks (Verizon, Sprint) ...
Go to the IPV4 properities, then adavanced. On the DNS tab, there are two check boxes at hte bottom. Make sure the "Use this connection's DNS suffix in DNS registration"isn't checked. And I assume you would want to turn off the "Append parent suffixes of the primary DNS suffix" check box as well.

Then you may want to both flush the DNS cache and restart the machine. To flush the DNS cache open a command prompt as admin and do "ipconfig /flushdns".

See if that helps.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I'm having trouble upgrading a Windows7 client. When I try to start the CQCSetup.cmd file, I get an error saying I "must have administrator rights on this machine during the installation, because Windows services may be installed or modified".

However the user I am logged into IS an administrator. I can start Windows Explorer with "Run as Administrator", but when I click on the file to open it, I still get his error. If I try to "Run as Administrator" on the CQCsetup.cmd file, it opens and immediately closes out.

Any suggestions to get the installer to work correctly? I didn't have any problems like this on my XP machines.
Brian - a long time user that rarely messes with the system now
Other systems used:
SageTV w/ cablecard tuner & multiple extenders for viewing
BlueIris and IP cameras for CCTV
Incredible PBX for home phone
sic0048 Wrote:I'm having trouble upgrading a Windows7 client. When I try to start the CQCSetup.cmd file, I get an error saying I "must have administrator rights on this machine during the installation, because Windows services may be installed or modified".

However the user I am logged into IS an administrator. I can start Windows Explorer with "Run as Administrator", but when I click on the file to open it, I still get his error. If I try to "Run as Administrator" on the CQCsetup.cmd file, it opens and immediately closes out.

Any suggestions to get the installer to work correctly? I didn't have any problems like this on my XP machines.

Open up a dos prompt with a right mouse and run as administrator, change directories to where the installer is located and run the cqcsetup command file. Vista and Win7 are much more granular with the security. Even logged in as an admin you have to be explicit on the dos prompt. Because of the way the installer works running the installer via right mouse "run as administrator" does not work.

-Ben
batwater Wrote:Open up a dos prompt with a right mouse and run as administrator, change directories to where the installer is located and run the cqcsetup command file. Vista and Win7 are much more granular with the security. Even logged in as an admin you have to be explicit on the dos prompt. Because of the way the installer works running the installer via right mouse "run as administrator" does not work.

-Ben

Perfect! That worked as expected. Thanks for the quick assistance.
Brian - a long time user that rarely messes with the system now
Other systems used:
SageTV w/ cablecard tuner & multiple extenders for viewing
BlueIris and IP cameras for CCTV
Incredible PBX for home phone

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upgrading to 6.0.2 znelbok 1 622 12-11-2021, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Size of IV Client George M 4 1,981 01-05-2019, 11:34 AM
  Upgrading to 5.x cost? Deane Johnson 1 1,725 12-11-2017, 11:05 AM
  Reconnecting CQC Client to CQC Master when IP addr changes on Master KenC 2 2,574 10-30-2017, 11:51 AM
Last Post: KenC
  new server; win7 or win10, or win server rtarver 9 6,878 05-03-2017, 05:17 PM
  How to add iPad as an additional client? Deane Johnson 2 2,250 04-02-2016, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  Trouble getting CQC working with ISY Z Wave Deane Johnson 47 16,264 01-14-2016, 04:43 AM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  Why I hate upgrading znelbok 13 5,193 01-03-2016, 02:22 PM
  Z-wave client driver royalj7 6 4,188 11-02-2015, 01:56 PM
Last Post: jaydonoghue
  Upgrading to 4.7.1 - License Key???? Deane Johnson 5 3,131 05-25-2015, 11:07 AM