Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nube Just Starting
Hello All

Been following the forums for a long time and Im in need of some help Im on brain overload Confusedhock:
Here my setup quick and dirty may look familar

HTTP will also be the server / happague 150 and Sage TV, Moxa 8 port connection, 750 gig HD
Denon 3806 to main theater room
Denon 2807 to master bedroom
Russound CAV to 3 beedrooms, family room and master bath all with A/V
Sony 777 Changer for DVD's
10" touch screen at front door (not lilliput)
Fujitsu 3500 in dock in master bedroom for now
all has been installed in a media closet
first question is the CQC media repository be a better setup than J River ? (Already Purchased only because it has a plugin for Russound)
Second Ive seen a similar setup I believe its Ellis63 who has a very similar setup and has all the GUIs What I wanted to Know is can I overlay his rack series and how do I put this into CQC Ive searched the forums and looked for a tutorial but couldn't find any Its taken me awhile to get to this point so I hope Im not jumping to far ahead of myself?????

THX Darren
I'll tell you right up front that you'll stab yourself after you gouge your eyes out if you try to take that wad 'o stuff on all at once. Pick simple stuff to start with and add as you go. My first step was to come up with a basic layout that I wanted and then worked on overlays. Something extremely easy is to do weather.com. I have overlays that I don't ever intend to leave the way they are, namely my callerid (hot pink on red background). Then I'd work on the the 777 and some of the things that others have really worked through the growing pains.

Russ...
Quote:first question is the CQC media repository be a better setup than J River ? (Already Purchased only because it has a plugin for Russound)

If you use CDs, then the CQC repo may be better. If you download lots of individual tracks, then JR might be better for you. A big advantage of our repository is that you can mix movies and music in the same repository, which cuts down on the number of screens. And of course there's not the export/import cycle involved to add new content.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I would definitely agree with Dean that the CQSL repository is the way to go w/ the 777. If you're ripping CDs only then that can live there too. If you're like some us who have 1/2 and 1/2 (the second being mp3s and other non-cd music) then JRiver is the best game in town right now.

Russ...
the big question is "what new stuff do you have".

I have 3500 mp3's, but they're all from CDs. I only buy CDs, I don't purchase online music, and the CQSL repo can handle that just fine. (well, it will once the JRMC->CQSL repo importer is done. You can use JRMC to scan your HD to seed your CQSL repo, then use CQSL for ripping from thereon out).
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
Wow

'Lots to do' I have mostly Cd's about 1000 of them that ill need to rip. The Sony 777 has about 250 movies. Will CQC be able to show what is playing on the Russsound keypads if I use the CQC repository???

Darren
Quote:Will CQC be able to show what is playing on the Russsound keypads if I use the CQC repository???

I think you can do that now. If not, then we can do that next. We added access to the repositories via CML, and some of the drivers that were written after the Russound river (such as the Slim Server and Nuvo Concerto) can do this sort of thing. The Russound work was done a little too early to make use of that stuff. But the next step in the Russound driver can incorporate that functionality.

Personally, I've chosen to re-rip all my CDs and re-add all my DVDs (I use the 777 for my movies also.) I just feel that it'll be cleaner long run to just start over rather than import my JR/DVDP stuff.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what touchscreen options if starting out today? capall 64 25,029 02-19-2016, 04:34 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Starting from Scratch - What would you build? jmcoy 8 5,132 12-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Last Post: adav
  Remotely Starting the IV on a Plasma Monitor 1080iAddict 17 3,493 08-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Newbie... completely lost and starting to panic Blinger 35 8,950 07-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Last Post: SomeWhatLost
  Trouble starting servers EST 7 2,488 04-12-2007, 05:22 PM
Last Post: EST
  What to install starting from scratch? ctay 3 2,029 01-21-2007, 09:40 PM
Last Post: ctay