Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
html help [images in browser]
Hey all

I have an IP camera with motion detection enabled and when motion is detected one of the tasks it does is place an image on the ftp server.

What I want to be able to do is have a web page that reads the driectory above when loaded and create an array of thumbnails of the images on the screen that when pressed will load the full size image.

An added bonus would be to be able to select the file and delete it, but that is not necessarily that important.

I can;t find anythig through searches that answers my question [that I understand] so I am hoping the gurus here can point me in the right direction

Thanks

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
That would probably require some sort of custom app to do that I would think. It would have to create the thumbnails, generate an HTML page that included an image based link to the full sized image. If it could drop that HTML page into the HTMLRoot directory somewhere so that the CQC web server could see it, you could serve it up via the web browser widget.

Don't let it set itself up with its default directory in the CQC directory, since that would cause lots of problems, but it would be safe enough to wake up every now and again and spit out some images and an HTML preview page.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
znelbok Wrote:Hey all

I have an IP camera with motion detection enabled and when motion is detected one of the tasks it does is place an image on the ftp server.

What I want to be able to do is have a web page that reads the driectory above when loaded and create an array of thumbnails of the images on the screen that when pressed will load the full size image.

An added bonus would be to be able to select the file and delete it, but that is not necessarily that important.

I can;t find anythig through searches that answers my question [that I understand] so I am hoping the gurus here can point me in the right direction

Thanks

Mick

I pieced together a solution that does exactly what you want (you would have to add something to delete the photos, but it is doable).

Are your images on a server that can run php?
Currently they are stored on my W2k3 server (FTP server via IIS - which I am migrating to W2k8) but I can intall pretty much anything as I am using ESXi with lots of ram.

I have IIS installed due to WSUS and also have the CQC Browser installed. I assume PHP can be run here?

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
znelbok Wrote:Currently they are stored on my W2k3 server (TP server via IIS - which I am migrating to W2k8) but I can intall pretty much anything as I am using ESXi with lots of ram.

I have IIS installed due to WSUS and also have the CQC Browser installed. I assume PHP can be run here?

Mick

In my case, the images are stored on a webserver in the cloud, but my CQC box isn't open to the outside world. The PHP component runs on the webserver in the cloud and its only job is to collect the remote images.

If your CQC box and W2k3 box are one and the same, you might not need the PHP part - it could be replaced by some JavaScript. All of the rest of the pieces are Javascript on the client side to build the webpage with the scaled down images.
So JS may do the job, but can you give me any link/clues to how to do it?

basically its this

camera (CAM1) ----> FTP -----> image in directory CAM1

Web page when loaded to browse the directory CAM1 and create thumbnails of the images which link to the full size image.

both the web server and teh FTp server are on the same network (or even the same machie)

Thanks

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
What about something like this...http://highslide.com/

I am sure if you search you'll find JS code. You could also do it with HTML5 instead of JS.
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
znelbok Wrote:So JS may do the job, but can you give me any link/clues to how to do it?

basically its this

camera (CAM1) ----> FTP -----> image in directory CAM1

Web page when loaded to browse the directory CAM1 and create thumbnails of the images which link to the full size image.

both the web server and teh FTp server are on the same network (or even the same machie)

Thanks

Mick

Here's the script that I used: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex...oalbum.htm

If you look at the getalbumpics.php code, you can see the format of the JS that needs to be generated. I think you can create JS to replace the getalbumpics.php by using an ActiveX control with the JS. Googling a bit on reading directory contents via JS should turn up some examples.
Thats the one I was going to try as well based on what you had already indicated was needed.

Thanks

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
All working now - thanks for the pointer.

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  guidance on boolean images zane 14 6,090 03-01-2017, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  how do I emualate a browser button press znelbok 3 1,396 03-29-2011, 05:59 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Industrial process control images? Ira 7 2,219 10-07-2009, 09:06 AM
Last Post: keepersg
  Need help building HTML page for my community website IVB 8 2,149 12-30-2008, 06:02 PM
Last Post: IVB
  Browser pages willplaice 4 1,758 01-17-2008, 01:31 AM
Last Post: willplaice
  DVD Profiler and IMAGES directory help MikeW 3 1,320 05-13-2007, 11:35 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  HTML help IVB 3 1,439 12-26-2006, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Jonathan