Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playing wave file on client
simple question, and maybe just a reality check.

I want to play a wave file on a CQC client that is triggered by a triggered event (on the master server).

So far, the only answer I have is to add the CQC Audio player driver to the client. This seems like a bit of overkill for just playing a wave file.

Have I missed something?

Can the interface viewer driver play wave files (a feature that I have missed somehow)? Is this a good thing to add to the IV driver?

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
The IV can play WAV files, via the regular System:TonguelayWAV action command. But that's something that happens synchronously within an action. You can't remotely tell the IV to do it and have it just happen in the background or something like that.

It could be added to the IV driver to allow async WAV playback to be invoked, so that it would play without affecting the user's interaction with the IV. I'll look into that since it would likely be quite simple. Of course you'd have to pass a remote path that's valid on the target IV.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
OK, I just added that for the next drop. I haven't tested it yet, since I'm still doing a big rebuild because of other stuff, but it should be done and I'll test it out after getting some food. There's a PlayWAV field, and you just write the path (on the remote system) to the WAV file to play. It's async so the command will come back immediately and let the WAV play and it won't affect the user interacting with the IV.
Dean Roddey
I also added a System:TonguelayIVWAV(host, path) action command, so that you can invoke this operation without having to actually have the IV control driver loaded on the target system. Because of the way this command works it doesn't really require that the IV control driver is loaded (though it will work via the driver as well if you are alreayd using it for other reasons), so if you just need to do this (and/or remote TTS via the IV) you won't need to load the driver and can still have a pure viewer type of installation.
Dean Roddey
Thanks Dean.

You must habe had the same though after your first post regarding not having a driver loaded on the IV.

I am surprised that no-one has asked for this simple feature before, but if it works as planned, it will be great.

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
The 4.0.10 beta I posted earlier today has this implemented (via control driver and direct action command.) It also now provides for a new 'Intf. Viewer' parameter type, so that the action editor can let you select from running IVs instead of having to type in the host binding name.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with Log File Error karenlee 4 581 10-28-2021, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Variables Driver Client gReatAutomation 4 1,612 04-25-2020, 12:46 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Problem with Accesssing Variables Driver Client Interface kblagron 5 2,023 03-05-2020, 02:24 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Z-Wave Device List simplextech 2 1,349 02-01-2020, 07:24 AM
Last Post: simplextech
  Z-Wave dual usb stick setup simplextech 7 2,280 01-20-2020, 01:32 PM
  Media playing from Event simplextech 11 3,843 01-07-2020, 06:09 PM
  Z-Wave Device Support simplextech 6 2,845 01-06-2020, 02:24 PM
  [REQUEST] Z-Wave Devices simplextech 2 1,434 01-05-2020, 07:31 PM
  Z-Wave include fails with security simplextech 15 4,012 01-04-2020, 06:18 PM