Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screen Blanker Examples
Does anyone know if there are any screen blanker examples around? I need to time out my new bedroom screens.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
You use a command, sent to the Intf. Viewer target, to set the timeout (after no user interactio) in milliseconds. You can also indicate the timeout mode with another command, to just put up the blanker window, the blanker plus blank the display, or to put up the blanker with the clock display.

So you can control the blanker from the interface itself if you want to do so, to enable/disable it or set it for different modes. Or you can just set these commands in the onpreload of the main template. If you only wanted to do it in certain rooms, drive it from an environmental variable as to whether it's done or not and check that variable in the OnPreload.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean Roddey Wrote:You use a command, sent to the Intf. Viewer target, to set the timeout (after no user interactio) in milliseconds. You can also indicate the timeout mode with another command, to just put up the blanker window, the blanker plus blank the display, or to put up the blanker with the clock display.

So you can control the blanker from the interface itself if you want to do so, to enable/disable it or set it for different modes. Or you can just set these commands in the onpreload of the main template. If you only wanted to do it in certain rooms, drive it from an environmental variable as to whether it's done or not and check that variable in the OnPreload.

I guess to be more specific, should I use the Global Action server and set up an ontrigger to start a timer of some sort on interface load. Am I making this more confusing than it needs to be?
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
The blanker system has a timer built in. Generally that's what people want, to just have it time out after some period of inactivity. Are you looking to do something more than that? You just send a command to the Intf.Viewer target to tell it how many milliseconds of inactivity before it blanks. Or are you looking to force it to blank from somewhere else?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean Roddey Wrote:The blanker system has a timer built in. Generally that's what people want, to just have it time out after some period of inactivity. Are you looking to do something more than that? You just send a command to the Intf.Viewer target to tell it how many milliseconds of inactivity before it blanks. Or are you looking to force it to blank from somewhere else?

Well actually both; First and easy, I just want to implement the blanker with clock on each screen . I then want to implement a wake up to common area screens that is triggered from an occupancy sensor in the room. I understand how to do that via the action server, I am just having issues with the local blanker method.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
I got it. I was making it really hard for some reason. I will attempt the Global Action method on Friday night. I will post if I cna not figure it out.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WebRiva add to home screen fix NishanF 2 673 11-16-2020, 08:54 AM
Last Post: sic0048
  WebRIVA Splash Screen gReatAutomation 4 1,080 03-02-2020, 05:15 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Bug with Trigger Screen in AI kblagron 2 1,719 09-07-2018, 08:47 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  High Level Triggers and Action rules admin screen kfly 1 1,770 11-01-2017, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  \User\CQC\Blanker pinballmark 2 1,757 10-09-2017, 12:54 PM
Last Post: pinballmark
  OnFlick - swipe or flick navigation on a touch screen. NightLight 2 1,992 08-02-2017, 11:48 AM
Last Post: zra
  IV start in full screen George M 2 2,133 01-21-2017, 01:39 PM
Last Post: George M
  Question on the Blank Screen Feature kblagron 5 2,742 02-16-2016, 09:48 AM
  Start Screen pjgregory 1 1,915 02-24-2015, 10:04 AM
  Full Screen IV on Win8? jkmonroe 9 4,176 02-02-2015, 06:14 PM