Poll: How would you like to see additional CQC iOS functionality presented
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I currently own the RIVA app and I'd prefer new stuff presented as in-app purchases
57.89%
11 57.89%
I currently own the RIVA app and I'd prefer new stuff presented as separate app(s)
36.84%
7 36.84%
I do not own the RIVA app but think a single app with in-app purchases makes more sense
5.26%
1 5.26%
I do not own the RIVA app but think multiple apps makes more sense
0%
0 0%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How should additional CQC-related iOS functionality be presented?
Not sure I understand the difference between in-app purchases and separate apps. What I want is an integrated, seamless, WAF UI machine. Things are getting closer, both with the current RIVA product, and RDP options. But, there are still shortcomings in both. My leaning right now is more towards RDP, especially with the nice little hacks that exist to make RDP more flexible on the various Windows versions. I remain, however, a RIVA purchaser, and intend to maintain my commitment, hoping that the IOS RIVA client can continue to improve, and eventually be the winner.
Note my earlier inputs on sluggish performance in writing the cover art in media repo, and the lack of web browser widget. Both of these appear to be rational limitations in the RIVA architecture, but if they could be addressed with the iPhone/iPad app, I don't see the difference between 'in-app' and 'separate app'. However, if 'separate app' results in having to launch different apps to accomplish different tasks, I vote strongly against that. For example, having to leave the RIVA client to launch the web browser just breaks the whole concept of user friendliness, and of course, craters the WAF.
The overall goal must be to present a nicely integrated, intuitive, snappy performing, human interface. I know a lot of this depends on the designer of the UI, but there are also significant challenges in dealing with the underlying platforms. Overall, I think this vote may be too much weighted to technology instead of towards ease of use.
On the other hand, I might be missing the whole point.....
Mike

Messages In This Thread
How should additional CQC-related iOS functionality be presented? - by MikeA - 08-12-2011, 09:49 PM