Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help With User Action Events
Success!! Thanks for the help.
Ultimately I should just provide a command in the IV itself to dismiss the blanker, then you could get rid of the need for the IV control driver and the event server and have the template itself handle the event trigger and do the dismissal.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean Roddey Wrote:Ultimately I should just provide a command in the IV itself to dismiss the blanker, then you could get rid of the need for the IV control driver and the event server and have the template itself handle the event trigger and do the dismissal.

Yeah, that would be a nice enhancement, but it's working for me now so I can live with it.
Dean Roddey Wrote:Ultimately I should just provide a command in the IV itself to dismiss the blanker, then you could get rid of the need for the IV control driver and the event server and have the template itself handle the event trigger and do the dismissal.

Along those lines, it would be nice to just have all the Special Action Commands in the IV actions vs. the Special Action Command button.

I was trying to create a button to toggle full screen the other day and realized I couldn't do it through the widget. If they were available as commands I could've used a check box (if I could detect full screen state).....
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
The problem is that some of them are very hard to handle at any arbitrary point within a command, which is why they are in the special actions button and I've not tried to deal with them. The blanker dismiss one is not so much of a problem because if the blanker is up you could only be invoking it outside of some user driven action anyway.
Dean Roddey
MikeW Wrote:Yeah, that would be a nice enhancement, but it's working for me now so I can live with it.

I went ahead and did it, so that will be there in the next drop. That would allow some other things to be done there as well, such as setting blanker options and such, so that you could control them via user actions if you wanted to.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  6.0.0 Interface Viewer - Action Trace Mark Stega 1 149 03-09-2021, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Error trying to edit scheduled events George M 15 1,230 09-27-2020, 09:27 AM
Last Post: George M
  Escaping Character in Action Parameters gReatAutomation 0 287 09-02-2020, 05:51 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Action wait and exit if variable changes simplextech 8 1,822 02-01-2020, 12:35 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  CQC HTTP Events? bjkiller 26 6,475 01-11-2020, 07:27 AM
  [FEATURE] Event Run Action simplextech 4 1,526 01-09-2020, 02:04 PM
  Scheduled Events Caseta tom 18 4,277 12-22-2019, 07:06 AM
  Editing Triggered Events Possibly Causing Kernel Panic/Crash gReatAutomation 6 1,891 11-08-2019, 01:10 PM
  Display of an Extended Wait for User Image kblagron 4 1,317 09-20-2019, 02:21 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Possible Bug with Triggered Events gReatAutomation 3 1,085 09-19-2019, 02:41 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation