Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remotely Disable Blank and Blanker?
I have a touchscreen in a room which is always on, but invokes the Blank and Blanker function when idle for 2 minutes. I want to be able to setup a triggered event (from a motion detector or Lutron HomeWorks button) which will cause the interface viewer on the touchscreen to behave as if someone touched the screen to turn on the display. I looked at the Interface Viewer Driver doc and read a bit about Blank and Blanker, but I didn't see any way to do what I want.

Is this possible? If not, how easy to add this function as I think it'd be pretty neat to have the touchscreen "turn on" automatically when I walk into the room?
You can send it a remote command to disable the blanker, via the IV control driver. That means you have to load driver support on that machine and load the IV control driver there locally so that you can send it commands.

Then set up triggered events that respond to the things you want to use to force it awake and have them send that command.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean Roddey Wrote:You can send it a remote command to disable the blanker, via the IV control driver. That means you have to load driver support on that machine and load the IV control driver there locally so that you can send it commands.

Then set up triggered events that respond to the things you want to use to force it awake and have them send that command.

Does this disable the blanker until it's re-enabled or will it act as if someone touched the screen locally? I want the Blank and Blanker to still be enabled, but in this case I want it to act as if someone touched the screen locally.
It just dismisses the blanker as if you touched the screen.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:It just dismisses the blanker as if you touched the screen.

That will work great. I just read the IV driver doc and it's not obvious to me which action I would use to dismiss the blanker. All I see in the doc are actions to invoke the blanker.

BTW, after almost 6 years of using CQC I'm finally trying put together something a little more complex than just a "fancy remote control". :-)
Well, dang, I added it to the IV, but don't seem to have put it into the IV control driver. I'll do that for the next drop.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:That means you have to load driver support on that machine and load the IV control driver there locally so that you can send it commands.

I'm trying to load the IV Driver on the tablet, but I'm not sure exactly how to do this. When I upgraded to the latest beta I thought I selected the option for remote viewer control (or something like that). I'm not sure how to actually load the driver on the tablet. From a different machine I selected "Administer Server Drivers" from the Admin interface, but I only see the Master Server listed. Does this mean I didn't install the proper components on the tablet?
You would have to install the Driver Support (CQCServer) on the tablet. The driver has to be running on the same machine as the IV it's controlling. Once you install the driver support, you'll see it as an available host. This will mean though that it's now running the background service and won't get to sleep anymore.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  \User\CQC\Blanker pinballmark 2 1,757 10-09-2017, 12:54 PM
Last Post: pinballmark
  Question on the Blank Screen Feature kblagron 5 2,745 02-16-2016, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Color Palette is blank on iPad karenlee 6 2,662 11-27-2014, 08:51 AM
  Un-blank screen with webcam movement jmwhooper 7 3,629 10-27-2014, 12:35 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  unblanking the blank and blanker... SomeWhatLost 25 7,364 09-30-2014, 07:42 AM
  The IV blanker can now be used as a slide show Dean Roddey 0 1,514 09-09-2011, 07:40 PM
  Screen Blanker Examples DaveB 5 2,377 08-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Last Post: DaveB
  Turning off the blanker MikeA 3 1,746 08-01-2011, 06:26 PM
  Blank Command Button Redrawing wuench 1 1,281 07-30-2011, 09:26 AM
  Remotely rebooting? Roscoe62 5 1,873 02-11-2010, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Roscoe62