Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio buttons
What is the best way to simulate/create a radio button group. Seems like this should be a widget of its own. I haven't looked at this in years so maybe there is a better method than when I first started working in CQC.
dgeffs Wrote:What is the best way to simulate/create a radio button group. Seems like this should be a widget of its own. I haven't looked at this in years so maybe there is a better method than when I first started working in CQC.

If you watch the tutorial video on buttons, it'll demonstrate how to do this.

[EDIT: This is now handled by the Theme system in the 4.x version, so I removed this video. See the new tutorial video on the Theme system.]
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I knew I'd seen it somewhere but just couldn't remember where. Thanks.
dgeffs Wrote:I knew I'd seen it somewhere but just couldn't remember where. Thanks.

Oh, BTW, I guess I should have also told you that there is an auto-generation option for radio buttons in the designer. In the popup menu select the auto generate item and one of the options I think is to generate some radio buttons. It'll ask you some info and do the grunt work of generating them. I think it only works for enumerated fields, so that it can know what the available options are.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:Oh, BTW, I guess I should have also told you that there is an auto-generation option for radio buttons in the designer. In the popup menu select the auto generate item and one of the options I think is to generate some radio buttons. It'll ask you some info and do the grunt work of generating them. I think it only works for enumerated fields, so that it can know what the available options are.

I must be having a stupid attack after riding 120 miles this weekend on my bike. I cannot find the auto generate option in the interface editor; I'm trying to build some radio buttons, tried on an existing template, tried on a new template, no auto generate option when I right mouse, what am I missing? Dean, I watched the buttons video, when you right mouse it shows an auto generate option, it's not there now.

Help please!

Thanks,
-Ben
There isn't any auto-generate anymore. It's part of the theme system. So you would have to select a theme, then the New -> Theme sub-directory will show up. You can always change the appearance if you aren't actually using the themed look, but it'll generate the radio buttons for you, actually probably better than the old auto-generate.

BTW, there shouldn't be any reference to auto-generate in the videos now. So hopefully this was something you watched a couple weeks ago or something?
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:There isn't any auto-generate anymore. It's part of the theme system. So you would have to select a theme, then the New -> Theme sub-directory will show up. You can always change the appearance if you aren't actually using the themed look, but it'll generate the radio buttons for you, actually probably better than the old auto-generate.

BTW, there shouldn't be any reference to auto-generate in the videos now. So hopefully this was something you watched a couple weeks ago or something?

Okay, makes sense, I'll try the new theme generator out.

I used the URL in the link in this thread to hit the video.

Thanks for the help!
-Ben
Oh, OK. I edited that post to remove that reference and point any future readers to the new theme stuff.
Dean Roddey
batwater Wrote:Okay, makes sense, I'll try the new theme generator out.

Never quoted myself...

Anyhow, theme generator worked as advertised - Nice!!! I now have radio buttons for my thermostat control on my phone template, just generated and then cut, paste and tweaked, couldn't get much easier than this.

-Ben

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Radio RA2 tutorial rhosch 9 1,544 04-02-2021, 05:04 AM
Last Post: Mark Stega
  Was the issue with Lutron Radio RA2 not updating ever fixed? ghurty 3 1,126 12-06-2020, 11:42 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Pico Buttons simplextech 10 2,721 01-07-2020, 05:06 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  Hiding Command Buttons on template kfly 5 2,858 12-14-2018, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Radio RA driver issue dogman 7 3,880 04-22-2018, 08:33 AM
  Trapping Elk F5/F6 Buttons IVB 29 9,698 03-04-2018, 03:41 PM
  Inc Dec buttons Ron Haley 1 1,755 07-26-2014, 06:44 PM
  Learn>Videos>Buttons fotofreak 6 2,954 07-20-2014, 06:59 PM
  Increment Decrement Buttons usage help Shaky 1 1,811 11-22-2011, 10:24 PM
  Overview of Buttons/Images shipped with CQC MavRic 1 1,533 11-15-2010, 03:13 PM