Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kiosk Mode Issue
Hey,

I've tried setting up Kiosk Mode on a separate Limited Windows account on the Master Server.

I set up a Limited CQC user within the Admin Inteface with default viewer template and created a Limited Windows account as per Kiosk Mode instructions. I put a shortcut to the Interface Template Viewer into the statup folder of the Limited Account etc.

I havent set the autologon features yet. The interface viewer login comes up and I put in the Limited users username and Welcome as password. However I get the following error.

Code:
The local config object store could not be initialized. File=C:\Program Files\CQC\CQCData\Users\AV\AppConfig\IntfViewer\ConfigData

However from within either the Windows Admin or User Account the only folder visible within C:\Program Files\CQC\CQCData\Users is Admin! (AV is the Limited CQC User A/C I set up). Even though the User account does exist in the admin interface.

Hope someone can help.

Jim
The Limited users account obviously doesn't get created in C:\Program Files\CQC\CQCData\Users until the account is actually logged into. I logged into the Limited CQC users account from the Windows Admin account and it created the correct folder which also exists from within the Limited Windows account.

However the same error message comes up that the viewer can't initialise from with in the Limited Users account. Weird. It works ok from within the windows admin account but wont work from within the Windows Limited User account even though the path is available to it.
Hmmm... What version of CQC are you on? It looks like you are on one of the older versions, where the user data was stored still in the Program Files area. It's now been moved to the ProgramData directory.

In the version you are in, that requires that the programs get rights elevation when they start up, so that they can write to the Program Files area, since non-admin programs cannot do that. It looks like maybe you've turned that off in order to run it in Kiosk mode or something? That would leave it at a non-elevated level and so it can't write to that directory.

That's kind of a catch-22 in that old scheme. If you upgrade to the latest beta, this will go away.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Its on v3.4.8. Its on an XP SP2 machine however, without any of the microsoft updates, if you think that could cause it?. Ill give the beta a shot now.

thanks dean
Upgrade to beta sorted it Dean. Thanks...

Jim
How has the .20 beta been doing for you? Any issues or anything?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HAI Driver Issue avtexan 6 4,229 04-06-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  UPB Driver Issue tcmcgec 6 5,884 01-27-2017, 07:18 PM
  Kiosk Error: "No CQC System ID was set" TurboSam 3 3,332 07-26-2015, 01:16 PM
Last Post: TurboSam
  My Movies 5 - Another issue MikeA 10 4,020 03-24-2015, 12:45 PM
Last Post: MikeA
  Issue with Sliders or Borg Displays avtexan 3 2,192 01-16-2015, 12:33 PM
  Kiosk Mode ellisr63 9 3,412 06-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Last Post: ellisr63
  installation failed on win7 ult x64, known issue? js19707 8 4,210 04-24-2012, 11:35 PM
  Web widget stuff worked in trial mode but... AnthonyZ 2 2,529 06-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Last Post: AnthonyZ
  Web Browser widget issue - "Navigation to the webpage was canceled" SpeedDemon 13 7,678 05-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  Barix Barionet driver issue AnthonyZ 11 4,360 04-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Last Post: AnthonyZ