Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CQC for me? iPod touch interface questions
Mukha Wrote:I don't really feel like getting squeezebox or sonos, I had a sonos system that I sold because I thought I would be able to get CQC to replace all of its functions.

You don't have to have Logitech hardware to utilize Squeezebox server. There is a software client that emulates the hardware called squeezeslave. As long as you have sound card(s) available on 1 - n PCs you can point a slave at that sound output and pipe it to a receiver (can also be under CQC control if it has a serial port, IP capability or worst case IR control)

+100 on SageTV. All of your video media can be ripped to hard drives in your Win7 box by software like AnyDVD HD and their companion software CloneDVD
from Slysoft.

Think of CQC as the middleware that glues all of the pieces together. Your imagination is the limit as there are many ways to to solve what you are trying to accomplish.

-Ben
batwater Wrote:You don't have to have Logitech hardware to utilize Squeezebox server. There is a software client that emulates the hardware called squeezeslave. As long as you have sound card(s) available on 1 - n PCs you can point a slave at that sound output and pipe it to a receiver (can also be under CQC control if it has a serial port, IP capability or worst case IR control)

+100 on SageTV. All of your video media can be ripped to hard drives in your Win7 box by software like AnyDVD HD and their companion software CloneDVD
from Slysoft.

Think of CQC as the middleware that glues all of the pieces together. Your imagination is the limit as there are many ways to to solve what you are trying to accomplish.

-Ben

I have just the squeezebox player, not the display/remote, since I use the iPhone. CQC has 2way with the squeezebox (or squeezesoft), so when iPeng tells the hardware to play something else CQC can tell.

That way I can use my 10" wallmounted touchscreen running CQC *or* the iPhone running CQC & iPeng to do whatever I want.
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
Mukha Wrote:Thanks everyone, a lot of great information there. How do you integrate iPeng/iSonos/TiSagetV with CQC and automation? Can CQC somehow detect when you choose to play something (with iPeng say) and handle all the automation like turning on amps/receivers and controlling volume?

Yes this is exactly the way it works. I put triggers on the 'PlayMode' fields in all the playback drivers (Sage and Squeeze) so regardless of whether something starts playing because i did it through the web interface, or remote, or iPeng, or some future vector I haven't even imagined yet, CQC sees the change and sets inputs, lights, shades, etc. all automatically.

While incorporating everything in CQC has certain advantages, I have chosen a "self-contained subsystem" approach, with CQC acting as the glue between them all.
I like the look of iPeng and the squeezebox stuff; I enjoyed my sonos system but free is better! But is there a cheaper option for the movies side of things? I have TMT5 already, is there a driver for that? Or for Windows Media Center? I did a read through of the driver development thread and it did appear there was an early version of a WMC driver, did that ever get finished or to a useable state?
The wmc driver seems to work for some people but it was built for tmt3.

I struggled with the wmc driver for over a year, I finally got fed up and installed sage on my pc and have not looked back.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to size Interface Viewer WebRIVA templates gReatAutomation 5 2,204 12-24-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Interface Viewer Hardware MikeW 10 8,620 01-02-2017, 12:42 PM
Last Post: NightLight
  Philips Hue set up questions Deane Johnson 42 16,357 01-01-2016, 01:09 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Simple Clarification Questions Deane Johnson 5 3,164 01-03-2015, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  Questions on Philips Hue Deane Johnson 1 2,150 11-21-2014, 11:27 AM
  Thermostat Interface - Gestures jokermac 8 5,348 08-05-2014, 09:40 AM
Last Post: dgage
  GC-100 not accepting changes through web interface Dean Roddey 6 4,345 07-16-2014, 10:40 AM
Last Post: standon
  Interface Commands finish.06 7 3,999 06-13-2014, 07:20 AM
  Building an Interface - help! jkmonroe 11 6,040 02-14-2014, 06:29 AM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Z-Wave Door Locks & Other Z-Wave Questions jbh5000 18 7,904 06-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Last Post: jbh5000