Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Want to Buy] NuvoNet Adapter (NV-NNA) or Music Port (NV-MP)
I'm looking to pick up a NuvoNet Adapter so I can start a driver for it. In the end I'm hoping to be able to control the SqueezeBox from the Nuvo Grand Concerto keypads.

Depending on price I am interested in the Music Port as well. I'm really only interested in the hardware portion but it would be fun to play around with the software and see what (and how) it's doing what it does.
Cocoontech seems to be a great place to find these, and I hope you take this through as I am looking at installing another Grand Concerto in my new house and would love to be able to truly integrate everything together with my current squeezebox setup.
Am going to post there next. I just thought I would check our happy little community here first.

When I do get one it will still take some time to get the driver written. I've only done a PDL driver so CML will take a little time to learn. I think I can use the GC driver as a starting point and get an idea of how to get going from there.
What are you trying to do with the driver? Depending on what you want to do, a driver may not be needed. I am capturing the keypresses on the GC keypads and using that to play the playlists I have in my squeeze box server.
jrunde Wrote:What are you trying to do with the driver? Depending on what you want to do, a driver may not be needed. I am capturing the keypresses on the GC keypads and using that to play the playlists I have in my squeeze box server.

From what I can tell, and from what I have implemented using the current GC driver what you can do with the key presses is limited. I know you can capture play, pause, etc but I would like the Squeeze Box to look like a Nuvo Source. With this device I should be able to write a driver that allows selecting different music services, playlists, and much more directly from the keypad. To the best of my knowledge that's not available at the moment. I would love to put touch screens in every room of my house running an IV but it's just not in the cards for me so a driver for the NuvoNet adapter might get me by...
Hiller,

were you ever able to get what you needed? I typed it in to Google shopping if for some reason you still need to shop and compare. Also a lot of different information in a bunch of forums regarding what you want to do. What exactly are you looking to do with the product? I have heard of the adapter being used in security related smart card technology. Is that what you are going for?

http://www.google.com/search?q=buy+NuvoN...50&bih=639
I have both factory new NuvoNet Adapters and Nuvo Music Ports available for sale. If you are interested. Please contact me via email at mike@mihiservices.com. The NuvoNet Adapter will easily connect to home automation controllers such as Charmed Quark Systems.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aprilaire 8870 Thermostat + 8811 Protocol Adapter Sendero 1 5,172 07-01-2017, 11:16 PM
Last Post: Sendero
  Moxa 8 port serial card; Low profile; PCIE Mark Stega 0 3,363 07-30-2014, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Mark Stega
  [FS] Lantronix WiBox 2100 (WiFi Dual Port Serial Port Server) Jonathan 3 5,764 10-30-2011, 07:56 AM
Last Post: psdos
  Moxa C168H/PCI 8 Port RS-232 PCI Card damian.flynn 1 3,258 05-31-2010, 10:12 AM
Last Post: damian.flynn
  Moxa Smartio 8-Port Serial Card C168H/PCI with 8D Cable willsauter 3 3,989 06-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Last Post: willsauter
  Edgeport 8 port USB to serial on eBay $90 rdf 0 2,487 02-25-2008, 09:48 AM
Last Post: rdf
  WTB Receiver with RS-232 port Target 6 4,562 02-21-2008, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Target
  SIIG 4 port serial cards Mark Stega 5 4,746 08-17-2007, 03:44 AM
Last Post: robertmee
  Aprilaire 8870 + serial adapter - $175 IVB 1 3,266 01-11-2007, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Bauer83