Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IRA-3 support
I am about to order this IR receiver and want to make sure it is supported still.

http://www.home-electro.com/products.php
potts.mike Wrote:I am about to order this IR receiver and want to make sure it is supported still.

http://www.home-electro.com/products.php

It was the Ira 2 that is supported, because it effectively looked just like an IRMan device which is also supported.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Their support says it still operates like an ir man so I'm going to go for it.
I have 3 IRA-3s working just fine. FYI, when you get it working you will see the red LED is always on, kind of annoying. They have a little program you can download to change the config, including the LED. The LED is nice because it tells you it's working but once I know it works I turn it off.
Good to know. Can I have more than one of these attached to the master server?
I have 3 and plan on more (one for each TV). Just add driver for each one and have an open RS 232 port for each.
I got this in the mail last night and tested it with a single command, it worked like a charm. I know some people are using ir codes for devices they don't actually have. I am wondering if people have found that one type of device works better than another.
ok, so I got mine, hooked one up... the driver just gets stuck on "wait for connect" so what is the secret to make it actually connect?
I tried both the IRA2 and the IRMAN drivers...

also tried just looking at it with a serial port... I guess it doesn't send back ascii?
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
You will need to use a full 9 connector cable, not the three cable variety. And make sure it's the correct straight through/null modem type.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I just got the cable they sell with them... figured it would be easier...

anyway, took the cable and IRA3 to work, plugged it into an old PC I have there that actually has a serial port, used their comfind program and it showed right up....
(why doesn't my desktop have a serial port??? where did it go?)

so that just leaves either the com port on my server, or some weird windows 7 issue... but since its just serial, I doubt windows could muck it up too bad?
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Support for GC-100 serial ports Dean Roddey 43 11,727 02-08-2013, 07:26 AM
Last Post: batwater
  Basic Digital Signage support Dean Roddey 1 1,939 11-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Request: File Tag Repo - Playlist(m3u) Support wuench 11 4,607 04-12-2009, 12:10 AM
  H20 support Smacko 2 1,579 09-27-2008, 01:50 PM
Last Post: ToyMaster458
  Elk driver and new SendText support from M1XSP Sendero 2 1,597 12-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Sendero
  HD-DVD or Blue-Ray Support...not from TheaterTek... DeathtoToasters 23 5,973 10-16-2007, 10:02 AM
Last Post: penngray
  Does CQC Webserver support external script references? SamVimes2 2 1,989 10-10-2007, 04:41 PM
Last Post: SamVimes2
  How to have dnv exit? And inc/dec support or workaround? Sendero 10 2,460 09-20-2007, 07:39 PM
  CheaperRFID support? Sendero 4 1,747 03-18-2007, 05:53 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  CQC Support Of Elk Touchscreen Ed Nelson 1 1,485 01-25-2007, 10:27 PM