Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marantz SR5005 driver
Will the second zone selection and volume/mute be exposed?
potts.mike Wrote:Will the second zone selection and volume/mute be exposed?

I wasn't too sure about the second zone thing at the time I did the driver, and didn't understand for sure if this thing even has a second zone, so I didn't add any support for that. So I guess it just provides line level outputs for a second zone that would be separately amplified or something?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
The way I was reading last night was that some of the surround speakers could be reassigned as a second zone for something like your back patio. Does anyone know if the second zone can have a separate source?
pg 41 of the SR5005 manual states that playback of zone 2 can be synced with the main zone or a separate source. Playback can be accomplished either by the line level outputs or pre-outs. It would take up the surround backs. I haven't used mine for zone 2 as I use all 7 channels for my HT. HTH

Phil
guysmiley Wrote:pg 41 of the SR5005 manual states that playback of zone 2 can be synced with the main zone or a separate source. Playback can be accomplished either by the line level outputs or pre-outs. It would take up the surround backs. I haven't used mine for zone 2 as I use all 7 channels for my HT. HTH

Phil

You are right. One thing to note though is that it will only play analogue sources through zone two so no converting hdmi audio to line level in zone two.

Dean, if you think that the zone two stuff can be implemented in the next few weeks I am going to order this tonight.

-Mike
potts.mike Wrote:You are right. One thing to note though is that it will only play analogue sources through zone two so no converting hdmi audio to line level in zone two.

Dean, if you think that the zone two stuff can be implemented in the next few weeks I am going to order this tonight.

-Mike

I'm sure I can do that. Don't know if it actually works until I try it (from a control standpoint I mean), but I can certainly do it.
Dean Roddey
Sounds good. There were commands in the serial control document I was looking at last night so it shouldn't be to hard to implement.
OK, I just added zone 2 support, so that'll be there in the next drop. Because the second zone doesn't have the Tuner source selection, only Tuner AM or Tuner FM, I removed the generic one from the sources list, so that they could be the same. Hopefully this isn't an issue.

As usual, I got confused and I thought it wasn't sending out Z2 volume automatically. But I eventually figured out that you have to press the Zone Select button before you use the volume knob, even if it's on Zone 2, so I wasn't actually changing the Z2 volume. But, it does send out asyncs for the same fields as Z1 is currently supporting, so the same speed of updates should be there.
Dean Roddey
Awesome, receiver gets here on Thursday. I will let you know if there are any issues.
Is the latest version available as a driver pack? I am not looking to upgrade if I don't have to.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RainMachine Sprinkler Irrigation Controller Driver kblagron 60 18,781 07-17-2022, 08:36 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  SmartThings API V1 driver kfly 5 680 02-22-2022, 07:55 AM
Last Post: kfly
  Tesla Driver Driver kfly 14 5,582 02-21-2022, 10:11 AM
Last Post: kfly
  Help on editing existing Driver Spot 5 571 02-03-2022, 06:50 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  New to driver development - where to start? jokermac 2 617 09-22-2021, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Spot
  Yamaha RX-V673 IP control Driver jdmevo123 22 11,303 03-27-2021, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Spot
  Updated SMS Driver gReatAutomation 0 650 01-28-2021, 12:53 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Sage Media Server driver (beta) Fonceur 698 343,539 07-26-2020, 04:59 PM
Last Post: sic0048
  Russound MCA-66 on TCP driver lapointe.sc@gmail.com 5 2,607 05-24-2020, 06:23 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Samsung SmartTV Driver George M 0 900 05-20-2020, 09:04 AM
Last Post: George M