Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marantz SR5005 driver
AnthonyZ Wrote:Dean, could you describe the conversion that you're using to generate % as opposed to dB? I would interested to see how you scale it.

In this case, I'm trying to be a little clever and avoid any rounding issues. Since the actual range is -80.5 to +18, that's a 98.5 dB range, so it's almost 100. So what I did was adjust it so that +18 comes out to 100% and then it goes down from there. If it's -79dB or less, I just set it to 0%, i.e. I cheat on the lowest 1.5dB. No one is going to care down there if the volume isn't 100% correct since you can't hear it anyway.

This allows me to stick basically to a fairly one to one mapping of dBs to percentages. In most cases you'd do like this:

percent = (card)((curval / float(maxval - minval)) * 100.0);

So you take the current value, divide it by the maximum range (as a floating point to force the calculation to floating point), then multiply that times 100 to turn it from a 0.0 to 1.0 value to a 0 to 100 percent value and convert that to a card value to store as a percent. The max-min you can pre-calculate of course. To go the other way it's Just:

dB = ((percent / 100.0) * (maxval - minval)) + minval;

So you just take the current percent, convert it back to a 0.0 to 1.0 value, and multiply times the range to figure out where in the range you are, then add that to the minimum value.

There are possibilities for a little rounding to happen. It's kind of unavoidable sometimes, but generally most devices have a range that's not too far from 100dB so it shouldn't be too bad in most cases.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
guysmiley Wrote:I am having an issue only with the volume at this point. I was able to get the volume back operational out of error state. I restarted the CQC service, no go. I factory reset the Marantz and recalled last memory settings to bring it back to where it was. Reloaded the driver and the volume came back. But on my template when I create a slider and bring the volume down to 0, it immediately throws the volume back into error state.
Phil

You could get it back by spinning the volume knob, but of course you aren't near it. The problem is that once it goes into error state, until the volume changes there's nothing to put it back right, and the driver doesn't poll, it depends on the device send it info. So that's going to be a bit of a problem. It might have to actively poll any fields that are in error state.

Of course generally that shouldn't happen, and I'll look into why it is, but if it does you need to be able to get back out of it.
Dean Roddey
I updated the first post with a new version. As per some ongoing discussion of some of the more complex issues of device standardization, the source names have been changed from what they were, so you'll have to adjust for that if you have been using the driver already.
Dean Roddey
I've been using the driver. It has been very stable and is fast. I installed the newer update driver you recently purchased. All though it does not crash and throw an error when volume is set all the way to its lowest setting. I still am having some issues with the actual volume as far as numbering goes. For instance, the volume starts off at 77 when looking at the admin interface with Marantz on or off. Of course when its on and you change the volume on the slider thru the admin interface and set it to 100 (amp disconnected to protect speakers and ears), the max numerical value on the admin interface is 83. The lowest when set to 0 is 73. That does break down to a scale of 10. As a test, I created 10 command buttons and the action invoked on them will bring up the volume an increment of 10. I reconnected the speakers to make sure volume is changing properly and it does, but the admin interface only shows a scale of 73 to 83. Can you verify this on your 5005? I am guessing its my unit as it is older. Again, the volume works as advertised but the feedback is not correct.

Phil
It seems to work fine for me. If I spin the knob all the way down it goes to zero, and all the way up it goes to 100. Can you just connect to the device's serial port with a serial terminal program and just spin the volume knob from the min to the max and see what numbers you get?
Dean Roddey
I finally had a chance to do as you requested. If I connect with hyper-terminal, I get nothing if I spin the knob up/down. Same thing if I go thru the Field Browser in Admin Interface. Spinning the knob shows no change in the volume field of the driver. Bringing it all the way down to 0 in the Field Browser does throw the volume field (only) out of wack. I have to shut down the Marantz, reconfigure the driver or delete it, set it up again and bring the Marantz back online. In my template I created volume buttons from 20% volume to 90%. Really don't need anything more then 80%. I have used the driver within my templates and it is very very stable between those units. Again, my unit is older as is GeorgeM.'s 8001 and most likely that is why they are acting differently. Never the less, the driver works. I have switched back and forth countless times between inputs, volume, muting while watching movies, switching lights, etc... Not one hiccup. I know you've been banging away on the NeoTV driver. So...just wanted to let you know as of now the Marantz is running properly.

Phil
Do you see anything come out when you change inputs or mute/unmute and so forth? If not, then I would think that you haven't gotten the terminal set up correctly. If you are sending it for ther things, but not volume, then, yeh, I guess we'd have to chalk it up to changes in the firmware. You may be able to update it, I dunno.
Dean Roddey
All the other feedback is operating properly. I am betting its my unit. Its not really a concern, as I am very content with what I have, and you know that your driver definately supports the current models. When you get to the other parts of the driver, I will check them out as well. Thanks.

Phil
Been a while since I played with CQC. I chose another product because it had a Marantz SR driver.

With this released I'll have play with it againand see how my 5004 works. I wish I would payed attention and bought a liscence before the price increases. I like the Riva option too.

Shakey
Shakey Wrote:Been a while since I played with CQC. I chose another product because it had a Marantz SR driver.

With this released I'll have play with it againand see how my 5004 works. I wish I would payed attention and bought a liscence before the price increases. I like the Riva option too.

Shakey

It might not work exactly as is with the 5004, but I imagine it would only take fairly basic changes if any are required.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RainMachine Sprinkler Irrigation Controller Driver kblagron 60 18,781 07-17-2022, 08:36 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  SmartThings API V1 driver kfly 5 680 02-22-2022, 07:55 AM
Last Post: kfly
  Tesla Driver Driver kfly 14 5,582 02-21-2022, 10:11 AM
Last Post: kfly
  Help on editing existing Driver Spot 5 571 02-03-2022, 06:50 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  New to driver development - where to start? jokermac 2 617 09-22-2021, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Spot
  Yamaha RX-V673 IP control Driver jdmevo123 22 11,303 03-27-2021, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Spot
  Updated SMS Driver gReatAutomation 0 650 01-28-2021, 12:53 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Sage Media Server driver (beta) Fonceur 698 343,539 07-26-2020, 04:59 PM
Last Post: sic0048
  Russound MCA-66 on TCP driver lapointe.sc@gmail.com 5 2,607 05-24-2020, 06:23 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Samsung SmartTV Driver George M 0 901 05-20-2020, 09:04 AM
Last Post: George M