Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marantz SR5005 driver
The device is supposed to send asynchronous reports of changes to the driver. Mine does do so and any changes I make through the remote control or spinning the volume knob show up immediately in the driver. I hope that there are not differences in these devices where some do and some don't.

Can you use a serial terminal and hook it up to the device and make changes and see if it spits out the commands when you do so?

Mine is also dB, but in the new consistent driver scheme all volumes will be percentages, since it's the only way to allow for generic logic to be written to address any volume field.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean,
Here is some results from the terminal emulator. One problem that jumps out is that in my receiver there is no Source 4. I have also attached the commands for the 8001.
Also for the Marantz's, maybe not all, but some, the volume is in decibels rather than percentage. So the results coming back do not match the input.
Also the results from the source are not what I would have expected.

Well I cant attach the protocal because the file is too big with the limits set.

Attached Files
.txt   Marantz Terminal Results.txt (Size: 174 bytes / Downloads: 5)
Thanks
George M
The AV8001 serial protocal can be gotten here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15087068/SR8001_...I_V102.pdf
Thanks
George M
George M Wrote:Dean,
Here is some results from the terminal emulator. One problem that jumps out is that in my receiver there is no Source 4. I have also attached the commands for the 8001.
Also for the Marantz's, maybe not all, but some, the volume is in decibels rather than percentage. So the results coming back do not match the input.
Also the results from the source are not what I would have expected.

Well I cant attach the protocal because the file is too big with the limits set.

Do you have an SR5005? If you have an 8001, this driver isn't going to work for that. It'll require a different driver. There are way too many differences between them for me to try to do a single driver. And the 8001 I think requires turning on reporting of information, which the 5005 doesn't, so it would make sense that this driver wouldn't work since it doesn't try to turn on reporting because that won't work for the 5005.
Dean Roddey
Dang!!!
I have the 8001. I was hoping that one driver would be good for all the models like the Onkyo ones are.
Thanks
George M
George M Wrote:Dang!!!
I have the 8001. I was hoping that one driver would be good for all the models like the Onkyo ones are.

Another one could be done for the 8001 later, but this one won't work for it.
Dean Roddey
That's too bad. I was really hoping I would finally see a driver for my receiver.
Thanks
George M
George M Wrote:That's too bad. I was really hoping I would finally see a driver for my receiver.

Onced the 5005 is done, then it won't be that hard to adapt it to another model probably. They do have a basic similarity, just too many detail differences for me to try to do an all knowing driver.
Dean Roddey
Dean, could you describe the conversion that you're using to generate % as opposed to dB? I would interested to see how you scale it.
Recovering (quasi) ex-professional integrator...wait...scratch that. I'm back in the field and should probably have my head examined...
HAI, UPB, Parasound, Global Cache GC100 and IR learner, DatalogDB, Barix Barionet (I need to buy another one of these!), Weather, RFID, Logic Server
I am having an issue only with the volume at this point. I was able to get the volume back operational out of error state. I restarted the CQC service, no go. I factory reset the Marantz and recalled last memory settings to bring it back to where it was. Reloaded the driver and the volume came back. But on my template when I create a slider and bring the volume down to 0, it immediately throws the volume back into error state. With a reset of the unit, it comes back. I can move the volume up and down anywhere as long as its not 0 and it will stay alive. The other issue with the volume is that it even though its online, it does not work. It hovers around 76. Thru the field browser if I manually move the slider and set it, it goes back to 76 on the field browser. I will have to be honest that I really don't know what is going on with the actual volume from the speakers as I am working on the 2nd floor and the Marantz is all the way in the basement, but anywhere near -30db and you usually hear it. Let me know what logs and how to get them if you need any. No errors when its online, just the following once I bring the slider to 0 on my template.

CQC Error Dialog Dump
--------------------------------------
Time: Fri, Feb 25 21:11:27 2011 -0500
OS Info: 6.1.0 [7600]

Error Dump
01/01 00:00:00-media-server, CQCServer, CIDOrbSrvWorkThread_4
{
CQCKit, CQCKit_DriverBase.cpp.4051, Failed/Not Ready, Error: 2017/0/0
Field 'Proc_Z1_Volume' is currently in error state
}

Phil

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RainMachine Sprinkler Irrigation Controller Driver kblagron 60 18,781 07-17-2022, 08:36 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  SmartThings API V1 driver kfly 5 680 02-22-2022, 07:55 AM
Last Post: kfly
  Tesla Driver Driver kfly 14 5,582 02-21-2022, 10:11 AM
Last Post: kfly
  Help on editing existing Driver Spot 5 571 02-03-2022, 06:50 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  New to driver development - where to start? jokermac 2 617 09-22-2021, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Spot
  Yamaha RX-V673 IP control Driver jdmevo123 22 11,303 03-27-2021, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Spot
  Updated SMS Driver gReatAutomation 0 650 01-28-2021, 12:53 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Sage Media Server driver (beta) Fonceur 698 343,539 07-26-2020, 04:59 PM
Last Post: sic0048
  Russound MCA-66 on TCP driver lapointe.sc@gmail.com 5 2,607 05-24-2020, 06:23 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Samsung SmartTV Driver George M 0 901 05-20-2020, 09:04 AM
Last Post: George M