Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
upgrade error - Urgent help
znelbok Wrote:The tablet is being shipped back to me so I can do a more thorough test. I will download 10 and see how I go.

If it does work, how do we move forward?

Mick

If it works, then I turn SSE back off again. It's not an absolute requirement, I just thought that (having been added as of the Pentium) that nothing available today wouldn't support it, and it could give some speed ups on graphics and such.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
If you have to turn it back on, could you do a special 3.4.11 release without a lot of effort as I don't want to upgrade the whole system again?

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
znelbok Wrote:If you have to turn it back on, could you do a special 3.4.11 release without a lot of effort as I don't want to upgrade the whole system again?

Mick

Yeh, I can probably do that. But just be sure you don't run anything but the IV on that machine, since otherwise you could bring down code from the server which will still be the other version.
Dean Roddey
That would be excellent. Let me confirm 3.4.10 installs before you make any changes.

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
It makes sense to me that SSE would be the issue. The vPad8 runs an AMD LX800 chipset at 500MHz. It's very low power and I doubt that it has SSE enabled. The other panels in this project are Atom based and have much more powerful CPU and graphics. I pretty sure that those panels have SSE enabled and that's why everything installed there OK on those units.
Well, I ran 3.4.10 from the (cmd file) and it still did not run. NOt sure why, but the CQCInst file did no get created.

I ran it on the PC and it was created this time (I also removed the attrib +h) so I may not be showing hidden files on the vPad, but it is there now.

So I ran the exe file and the installer launces. I cant complete it becasue I dont have a MS available at the moment.

So it would apppear that the SSE needs to be turned back to where it was in this version.

Sergio may be able to answer this, but how many vPads are out there that will be affected by this issue. I have two that I manage, the one in this install and an older vPad in a corporate install. I am sure there will be some more out there.

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
OK, I'll turn it back off for the next drop.
Dean Roddey
Can you please do me a 3.4.11 with it on as well if it is not too much trouble (just for the IV viewer on this tablet)

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
znelbok Wrote:Can you please do me a 3.4.11 with it on as well if it is not too much trouble (just for the IV viewer on this tablet)

Mick

Oops, unfortunately, I didn't save the source code for that beta. I generally don't for these early betas because there are so many of them, particularly oens that I figure may be short lived due to others soon to come. Not that I don't save the source code all the time, I just didn't take a snap shot of the code at that specific point so that I could re-create that beta specifically. So it looks like I won't be able to do that. I probably have a backup from around that time but couldn't be sure it's that actual build.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video How to Upgrade from 5.X.X to 6.0.X sic0048 8 1,343 07-05-2021, 06:12 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  client driver error after upgrade to 4.8.1 batwater 1 3,242 12-31-2015, 11:39 AM
  Auto generation Error dpass 6 5,438 06-15-2014, 01:22 PM
Last Post: pbohannon
  Auto-gen error finish.06 6 5,122 06-10-2014, 02:32 AM
Last Post: finish.06
  Not seeing loads (lighting) after upgrade to Beta pbohannon 4 4,198 06-09-2014, 07:26 AM
Last Post: pbohannon
  Unknown Error pjgregory 2 3,515 05-16-2014, 06:08 AM
  Media Repo Item Browser error pinballmark 10 9,372 09-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Last Post: pinballmark
  Getting Error when working with Templates lymlyt22 7 5,991 07-15-2013, 10:50 AM
  Error when trying to use Room Config - Auto Gen jokermac 4 4,678 04-19-2013, 06:46 PM
  913 Small Error DaveB 0 2,197 02-24-2013, 02:17 PM
Last Post: DaveB