Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Standalone Viewer and Environment Variables
I have a vPad running Win CE, V3.3.0 of CQC and the IV installed as a standalaone viewer (drop down option in the install).

I have set the environemtn variables as I always do

CQC_Username (tried this in all uppercase as well)
xxxxxx

CQC_Password (tried this in all uppercase as well)
Welcome

Now this pad does not want to read them for some reason. It keeps coming back with an error that the username and password are incorrect, so I type exactly the same thing in and it logs in

I have done the same on two other in walls that are using CE and installed the same way and they work, just this pad does not want to co-operate.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

Mick
Do you mean the .Net Viewer? The regular IV woudln't run on Win CE. The .Net Viewer is all but gone really with the RIVA stuff being available, and there's a CE based RIVA client as well. So I don't think anything has been done to the .Net Viewer for some time. And I don't know if it uses those variables like the regular viewer does.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I don't know which viewer?

I just selected standalone viewer from within the installer.

Maybe i should do a full custom install instead.
If you ran the installer on that machine, then it can't be a Win CE based machine. The installer wouldn't run on that type of machine. Were you running RDP on a CE based machine or something perhaps? If so, then you really set up environmental variables on the server machine.
Dean Roddey
Sorry, its XP embedded, Not CE.

Will the log viewer show any info about user login?
Did you set the variables in the system part of the environment or for a specific user account? If you open the CQC Command Prompt from the start menu and did

Set CQC<enter>

Do you see those variables in the environment?
Dean Roddey
ha ha ha

Iset them in the environent variable. I ran the command and itcame back with a different username ?????

Went back in and gues what I found in the user variables, a CQC username and password entry(done by Vidabox).

So it works now - so simple yet it stumped me completely.

Thanks

Mick
Yeh, that's true, the per user stuff overrides the system stuff.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  6.0.0 Interface Viewer - Action Trace Mark Stega 1 641 03-09-2021, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Global Variables in the Event Server context lleo 1 1,069 05-16-2020, 11:21 AM
  Variables Driver Client gReatAutomation 4 1,679 04-25-2020, 12:46 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Check Box widget on WebRIVA vs Interface Viewer bryanb 1 1,046 04-23-2020, 06:15 AM
Last Post: bryanb
  CQC WebRIVA and BlueIris in a secure environment bryanb 2 1,064 03-23-2020, 03:24 AM
Last Post: bryanb
  Problem with Accesssing Variables Driver Client Interface kblagron 5 2,134 03-05-2020, 02:24 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Pause / Resume Triggered or Scheduled Actions from the Interface Viewer gReatAutomation 2 1,948 10-30-2019, 01:38 PM
  Trouble with Variables gReatAutomation 1 989 08-02-2019, 03:08 PM
  SOLVED: VLC dll Issues with CQC Interface Template Viewer gReatAutomation 3 2,412 06-17-2019, 06:17 AM
  Variables Driver jkmonroe 10 4,110 01-05-2018, 08:29 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe