Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MyMovies Driver Problem
The mymovies database should no crash, there is something wrong there.
Yeh, SQL Server is a widely used, enterprise type of product, so it would generally be quite robust.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
SomeWhatLost Wrote:one last question about MyMovies... the SQL server thing crashed last night... does it do that often? CQC didn't seem to mind, I guess the driver just gets the data once and is happy forever after?

Sage SMM on the other hand did not like that at all...

There should be log entries in the system event log under applications for MyMovies and / or SQL Server. There should be some indication as to what caused it to fail. What OS is your MyMovies server running on?
I am running it on WHS, along with Sage and CQC.
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
SomeWhatLost Wrote:I am running it on WHS, along with Sage and CQC.

Okay, you familiar with where to look for the system event logs?
I usually just user eventviewer (or something like that...)
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
I was able to successfully get the CQC MyMovies Driver working with WHS V1 with CQC V4.2.16.

What I did:

- downloaded and installed the latest MyMovies V2 add-in for WHS V1
- installed the Collection Management V4.04 on a different computer. When it attempted to link up to the server, it gave a warning that the database was not up to date with the software, and asked if I wanted to update the database, which I said yes.
- Installed the ODBC on the WHS Server
- Installed the CQC Client Tools and Device Control on the WHS Server as I have a different computer for my Master Server.
- Installed the CQC MyMovies Driver on the WHS Server

I was initally having the same problem as one of the posters here, I could not change Change the Default Database To "My Movies", but it was because I was trying to install the ODBC stuff on my master server, which the driver guide states that it has to be on the same computer as where the My Movies server is.

One of the other posters was having problems with an out of date database, and I am thinking that the collection management tool maybe upgraded the database to something that worked.

Anyway, its nice (after several hours) to get this one behind me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problem Moving CQC to new Computer kblagron 12 961 02-17-2022, 09:39 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Driver for Amazon 4k Stick Darrie 3 515 01-15-2022, 02:21 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  CQSL Interface Driver connects but no control NightLight 3 571 10-26-2021, 01:12 PM
Last Post: NightLight
  ClickPLC driver now failing after upgrade znelbok 2 997 09-21-2020, 10:48 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Pentair driver tom 5 1,990 08-02-2020, 11:29 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Marantz receiver driver (IP) dlmorgan999 6 2,086 05-15-2020, 03:32 PM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  Variables Driver Client gReatAutomation 4 1,679 04-25-2020, 12:46 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Reconfig of Driver Causes Built In Triggers to Fire gReatAutomation 2 1,244 03-25-2020, 04:09 PM
  Lutron RadioRA2 Driver and Lutron Visor Control gReatAutomation 29 11,314 03-19-2020, 01:03 PM
  Timers Driver / Field Time Image / Seconds gReatAutomation 1 1,156 03-16-2020, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey