Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MyMovies Driver Problem
Dean Roddey Wrote:You get that when you do what? Did you update everything to use the different repo? If you want to do a quick test, use the auto-generation option and just spit out a completely new browsing template just as a test.
well, Dean proves yet again why he is in fact, The All seeing, All Knowing, All Powerful Software dude...

I created a shiny new CAB (well, actually more of a boring grey cab really...) with the auto generate thing... and everything works happily...

I went back over my existing cab that I tried to get to work with the mymovies repo, and I cant find anything that I overlooked... but there must be something... anyway, that doesn't matter, the repo works... so all is well in the universe...
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
If you are on 3.4, then you have a search and replace capability, which should help a lot with that kind of thing. If you do figure out what you missed, let me know and I can handle it in a more context sensitive way so as to give you more clues in the error message what is wrong.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
why do I nee to stick a "\VIDEO_TS" at the end of %(GVar:SageCAB, "^1") in order for sage to be happy and play the movies?

sage should be happy with just \\path\movie folder
since when did it start needing \\path\movie folder\video_ts?

also, is %(GVar:SageCAB, "^1")\VIDEO_TS the proper way to do this? it works, but I just want to make sure I am not doing it 'badly'...
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
Remember that if you have any Blu rays you will need to append bdmv rather than video ts.
yea, that was the first thing on my mind when I woke up today...

kind of an odd thing to think about first thing in the morning though... is that normal?

so, um, how do you determine if a selection is a BR or DVD?
There is a media type rtv that you can do an if else statement with.
You do need to insure that you consistently set your media type info in whatever repository you use, so that every entry of a given type is marked as such. MyMovies has such a field so just make sure it's set correctly, then you can react to that when a selection is made.
Dean Roddey
potts.mike Wrote:There is a media type rtv that you can do an if else statement with.
what if/else should I be using, I was thinking of going with the system::equals just cause I have had good luck with it before... but the insert RTV menu does not include any of the collection RTV's... none of the IF's seem to have the RTV that I want...
It's like the other media related RTVs, they are only available from the selection of a collection. If you want to get them to a popup or something, you need to save them away in a global variable for use within the subsequently invoked popup.
Dean Roddey
Thanks Dean,
that was so amazingly simple, I am not sure how I overlooked that in the first place... I guess I just got a bit overwhelmed/could not see the forest because all the trees got in the way type thing...

one last question about MyMovies... the SQL server thing crashed last night... does it do that often? CQC didn't seem to mind, I guess the driver just gets the data once and is happy forever after?

Sage SMM on the other hand did not like that at all...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problem Moving CQC to new Computer kblagron 12 954 02-17-2022, 09:39 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Driver for Amazon 4k Stick Darrie 3 508 01-15-2022, 02:21 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  CQSL Interface Driver connects but no control NightLight 3 566 10-26-2021, 01:12 PM
Last Post: NightLight
  ClickPLC driver now failing after upgrade znelbok 2 992 09-21-2020, 10:48 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Pentair driver tom 5 1,983 08-02-2020, 11:29 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Marantz receiver driver (IP) dlmorgan999 6 2,077 05-15-2020, 03:32 PM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  Variables Driver Client gReatAutomation 4 1,667 04-25-2020, 12:46 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Reconfig of Driver Causes Built In Triggers to Fire gReatAutomation 2 1,234 03-25-2020, 04:09 PM
  Lutron RadioRA2 Driver and Lutron Visor Control gReatAutomation 29 11,258 03-19-2020, 01:03 PM
  Timers Driver / Field Time Image / Seconds gReatAutomation 1 1,153 03-16-2020, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey