Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MyMovies Driver Problem
I'm running 3.18 at everything seems to be working fine for me as well.
-Ben
I've almost given up on mine, but not yet. I figured out what my issue is. Everything connects fine. If I send the command to play dvd for a blu-ray (complete rip, no mkv.), the movie starts in TMT perfectly. If I send the same command for a regular dvd movie (Video_TS), then nothing happens.
Now, if I change the command to play video, the blu-ray will not play and TMT doesn't load, but same command with dvd movie and it plays (with media center). I was about going to ask if someone could re-write the driver for me to play all the movies with TMT period. I rebuilt the OS twice and on different machines. It happens to both machines. This was with a version prior to MyMovies 3.17. I decided to upgrade to 3.18 and upgrade the WHS also. Still the same. For me its not a total loss at all, still have the remote commands to get around mymovies to launch a movie. If I do it that way, everything works perfectly.
In the meantime, im receiving my ISY tomorrow to finish the lighting. So music, IR, lighting is running perfect for me :-D . I will figure out the movies a little later.
Phil
If you having that problem why not just sense the movie type and use the correct command. I think I read somewhere that the newest driver is smart enough that it just needs the root folder no video ts or bdmv.
Dean Roddey Wrote:So I just installed the latest version of MyMovies and the existing driver is working just fine for me. What problems are you guys having with it? I installed the 'collection management' version of it. If they are creating different versions of the database for different versions of the program, that's going to get ugly and all but impossible to practically support, because it'll require uninstalling and re-installing just to event test, and I can't run the WHS version at all since I don't have it.

My problem is described in the first post, an ODBC problem:
The problem is in adding an ODBC source on a remote computer - I add a new SQL Server DSN, name it, then choose MEDIA\MYMOVIES. Then when I go to change the default database, 'My Movies' is not a choice. I can't enter it manually.
@Potts.Mike,
How would I go about writing an if/then statement for that? Now you got the little hamster in my head rolling along, and I'm at work. Might have to do some remote "playing"

Phil
I'm at work also so I can't be to specific.

The media type is located in an rtv so you would want to do something like
If rtv equals bluray play movie
Else play video
ok, so due to Sage, I have gone over to the Dark side and reinstalled MyMovies again... and just because I don't really want to deal with keeping multiple repo up to date, I thought I would try out the MyMovies driver...
I setup a ODB thingy like the drive doc said... but the driver while it claims to be online, also claims to be "waiting for config" what config is it waiting for?
here is a bit of logging:
Code:
11/19 18:19:10-cqc-mms, CQCServer, MyMovies_DBLoadThread
{
    CIDDBase, CIDDBase_DirectStatement.cpp.88, Failed/Cannot Do, Error: 6502/65535/208
    Direct statement execution failed for statement Query Database Table
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'tblDatabase'.
}
11/19 18:19:10-cqc-mms, CQCServer, MyMovies_DBLoadThread
{
    CQCMedia, MyMoviesRepoS_DBLoader.cpp.260, Status/App Status
    An exception occurred while loading repository from mymovies
}
11/19 18:19:15-cqc-mms, CQCServer, CQCDrv_MyMovies_Thread3
{
    CQCKit, CQCKit_DriverBase.cpp.2734, Status/App Status
    Driver 'MyMovies' is trying to load its configuration
}
11/19 18:19:15-cqc-mms, CQCServer, CQCDrv_MyMovies_Thread3
{
    CQCMedia, MyMoviesRepoS_DriverImpl.cpp.434, Status/App Status
    The media repository load failed. Driver=MyMovies
}
11/19 18:19:20-cqc-mms, CQCServer, CQCDrv_MyMovies_Thread3
{
    CQCKit, CQCKit_DriverBase.cpp.2734, Status/App Status
    Driver 'MyMovies' is trying to load its configuration
}
11/19 18:19:20-cqc-mms, CQCServer, CQCDrv_MyMovies_Thread3
{
    CQCMedia, MyMoviesRepoS_DriverImpl.cpp.96, Status/App Status
    Starting load of media repository from mymovies
}
11/19 18:19:20-cqc-mms, CQCServer, MyMovies_DBLoadThread
{
    CIDDBase, CIDDBase_DirectStatement.cpp.88, Failed/Cannot Do, Error: 6502/65535/208
    Direct statement execution failed for statement Query Database Table
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'tblDatabase'.
I am pretty sure I vever named anything 'tblDatabase'.
but from the logs it sure doesn't seem to like that much...

here is what I put in for config stuff:
Code:
General Options
------------------------------------------------
    Moniker: MyMovies

Connection Options
    <None>

DriverOptions
    DBSrc
        SrcName: mymovies
    ImagePath
        Path: D:\My Movies\FileStorage\Covers

I am running MyMovies collection thingy v3.18rc4 and some recent version of MyMovies WHS thingy on my CQC master server/WHS box...
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
That's one of the SQL database tables that make up the MyMovies database. There definitely is such a table. I don't know if that's really the error, or if it's actually a bogus error caused by something else. I.e. maybe it just can't access it.

If you haven't already, set up the CQC service to run under a regular administrative account. ODBC access may not be possible under the standard system account in many systems, depending on security settings and patches and version and such.

Also, make sure in the ODBC connection you set up, that you set MyMovies as the default database. Probably it should be anyway, but make sure.

And, if you are on a 64 bit version of Windows, you'll need to use the 32 bit version of the ODBC manager to set up the database, not the 64 bit one that will be in the control panel.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
ok, I set the CQC service to run under the administrator account, restarted the service because windows told me to, and still no worky...

I did click the Test Data Source button and windows seems to be happy...

ah, found it... the DB was set to the default, not My Movies... not sure why, changed that and got a little bit farther... now the drive does seem to load and be happy, but I took my stock CQC Repo IV made a copy of it and just changed the Repo to the MyMovies driver and I now get the following error:

CQC Error Dialog Dump
--------------------------------------
Time: Fri, Nov 19 19:57:45 2010 -0600
OS Info: 5.2.2 [3790]

Error Dump
11/19 19:57:23-bob, CQCIntfView, MainThread
{
CIDLib, CIDLib_BasicDLinkedRefCol.hpp.659, Failed/App Error, Error: 775/0/0
The TRefDeque<TElem> collection is empty
}

the collection is not empty...
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
You get that when you do what? Did you update everything to use the different repo? If you want to do a quick test, use the auto-generation option and just spit out a completely new browsing template just as a test.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problem Moving CQC to new Computer kblagron 12 954 02-17-2022, 09:39 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Driver for Amazon 4k Stick Darrie 3 508 01-15-2022, 02:21 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  CQSL Interface Driver connects but no control NightLight 3 566 10-26-2021, 01:12 PM
Last Post: NightLight
  ClickPLC driver now failing after upgrade znelbok 2 992 09-21-2020, 10:48 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Pentair driver tom 5 1,983 08-02-2020, 11:29 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Marantz receiver driver (IP) dlmorgan999 6 2,077 05-15-2020, 03:32 PM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  Variables Driver Client gReatAutomation 4 1,667 04-25-2020, 12:46 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Reconfig of Driver Causes Built In Triggers to Fire gReatAutomation 2 1,234 03-25-2020, 04:09 PM
  Lutron RadioRA2 Driver and Lutron Visor Control gReatAutomation 29 11,258 03-19-2020, 01:03 PM
  Timers Driver / Field Time Image / Seconds gReatAutomation 1 1,153 03-16-2020, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey