Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SqueezeBox Commands
I'm trying to do something real simple with SqueezeBox. All I want to do push a button and go to Pandora and start playing whatever station it was on last. I have been trying to use the remote command followed by arrows but it only works with first arrow command. Any ideas
stinggray Wrote:I'm trying to do something real simple with SqueezeBox. All I want to do push a button and go to Pandora and start playing whatever station it was on last. I have been trying to use the remote command followed by arrows but it only works with first arrow command. Any ideas

Which version of the driver are you using?
It's the beta 3.52
stinggray Wrote:It's the beta 3.52

To tell the truth, I haven't fooled with the remote control commands as those were already there in an earlier version of the driver.

How were you proposing using that to select something that would play the last station played on Pandora?

The driver has a way to get a list of your stations into a vertical list browser and to play a Pandora station from a selection in that list.
How do i get that list or what commands will create that list? What I would like to do is no mater where SB is or was last when I push the button it will start playing the last Pandora station it was on.
stinggray Wrote:How do i get that list or what commands will create that list? What I would like to do is no mater where SB is or was last when I push the button it will start playing the last Pandora station it was on.

Devices::FieldWrite(DRIVERNAME.RefreshList, Pandora)

This will Populate the SN_Pandora Stringlist field with the stations

You can point a vertical list browser to that field to display the list.

To play a selection from the vertical list browser, use the following action:

Devices::FieldWrite(DRIVERNAME.PlayMedia, pandora:%(IntfRTV:ListItemText))
To take this a little further, you could add an additional action before the PlayMedia command that would write the name of the station to a variable. Then when you wanted to play the last played thing, just reference the value of that variable in the PlayMedia command.
SamVimes2 Wrote:To take this a little further, you could add an additional action before the PlayMedia command that would write the name of the station to a variable. Then when you wanted to play the last played thing, just reference the value of that variable in the PlayMedia command.

Yes, that would work as long as you only choose Pandora stations via that template.
"Devices::FieldWrite(DRIVERNAME.PlayMedia, pandora:%(IntfRTV:ListItemText))"

Every thing looks good but how do I setup that action?
stinggray Wrote:Every thing looks good but how do I setup that action?

Which action?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't Find a Couple of Documented Action Commands kblagron 7 3,981 10-02-2018, 05:47 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Logitech Media Server/squeezebox driver freezes Admin interface lleo 7 6,304 10-21-2017, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Additional HTTP REST commands requested greymatter 3 2,903 08-25-2017, 09:17 AM
  How To Use Backdoor Commands From Admin Interface MikeW 1 1,807 12-11-2016, 02:12 AM
  Will a timer in a IF statement effect commands after the End? ghurty 3 2,371 01-23-2015, 10:17 AM
  Single button, Multiple images & commands? M4T VW 6 3,782 10-04-2014, 01:47 PM
Last Post: M4T VW
  Polk XM receiver commands DaveB 5 1,640 01-15-2013, 06:57 PM
Last Post: DaveB
  Squeezebox Touch - how to display current pandora station playing kfly 0 1,675 01-16-2012, 03:54 PM
Last Post: kfly
  Receiving IR commands with CQC Mark Stega 7 3,137 11-29-2011, 06:30 AM
Last Post: LesAuber
  Back-to-back UPB commands RobWalker 9 3,457 11-15-2011, 02:31 PM