Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost USBUIRT Blaster
Upgraded to ver3.3 and just found out that all my Blaster codes in USBUIRT are gone. They were there before the upgrade. My receiver commands are still there. How do I go about recovering my remote control codes? Can I pull it up from a backup?
Can you go back to your previous installation, and then try the install again? I'd like to see if it happens again. If so, I can get you to send me you install and try it myself and see if it will work for me and can I see how it might have happened.

Does the UIRT show up as being online and all that?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
How do I go to my previous install? Do I just copy the zip file from my backup to the CQC directory? Yes USBUIRT is showing as online. The Receiver tab is there with the commands I taught it and that working fine. Just on the Blaster tab all the codes I had taught it are gone.
Yeh, you can just stop the CQC service, just rename the current one to keep it around just in case, then put back the old one, and run the install agian.
Dean Roddey
You want me to run the current version of the install, version 3.3 or the old version from the backup? If the old version then I would need that install file again. If the current version how do we know if it would work or not? You are saying that after running it that I should see the IR Model files?
I was just suggesting going through the upgrade again. So put back your previous version, then run the installer for the version you used before to upgrade to and had the problem. See if the problem happens again. If it does, then it should be repeatable and we can arrange for me to get a copy of your saved version so that maybe I can make it happen here and see why it might have happened.

If you do it again and it works, then it won't be much use for debugging purposes, but at least you'll be back to where you were and we'll just have to keep an eye on this moving forward to see if it happens to anyone else.

You don't need to run the old installer first, just put the saved copy back and run the new installer again to try it again. CQC doesn't need to be started or anything either. Just make sure the service is stopped, restore the saved copy, and run the new installer again.
Dean Roddey
This is really weird. I did what you suggested and just went back 1 backup, which did happen to be ver 3.3 but decided to try it anyways. Started CQC Service back up and they were there. So thought what the heck and copied the current files back and they were still there. What gives? I know they were not there before because commands were failing as CQC could not find the remote codes. That is how I went about looking as things were not running properly and I had to investigate.
Is the blaster driver on a machine other than the master server? Maybe it was brought up without the MS up or something if so, and couldn't load the commands? I can't remember right off hand how it deals with that, whether it keeps trying or what. Well, the driver itself should keep trying, but not sure if the client side driver would keep trying to update if they weren't available when it first loaded.
Dean Roddey
No, only have the blaster, and USBUIRT, on the master server. Didn't notice anything til went to play DVD as I have the play and pause routed through CQC. Everything else is direct to the DVD Player. So I don't know how long it was not working. Just know in the couple hours I was playing a movie that I could not get it to work and afterwards went and saw the logs that the IR commands were missing.
OK, well, keep an eye on it and let me know if it happens again.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lost TTS with Win 10 and V5.4.920 George M 27 619 02-28-2021, 06:20 AM
Last Post: George M
  Lost Power - Elk connection problem Ron Haley 7 2,181 03-05-2019, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Ron Haley
  Using Harmony Hub as IR blaster tom 8 2,505 01-01-2019, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  USBUirt stops functioning Bugman 5 1,493 06-11-2016, 10:59 AM
Last Post: Bugman