Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intercom / IP video surveillance
Does anyone use CQC for home intercom or video? I am thinking 2way voice IP camera front and back doors. Somebody rings my doorbell, their picture pops up on a window on my iPAD or TV. Or, I am outside in the yard, doing my chores :-) and I can call the wife on an intercom button and she can respond from the iPAD or any room in the house by talking in the air as the intercom picks it up. Possible, if not, I guess I will have to install an intercom and a touchscreen interface in each room? Thanks!!!
I use an ACTi IP camera at my house. It was very easy to set up. I know it has audio capabilities, but I do not use it. I don't know if you use the CQC web server if it handles sound or not. If you display the IP camera within a internet browser directly on the device, then sound would definitely come through the device's speakers.
Brian - a long time user that rarely messes with the system now
Other systems used:
SageTV w/ cablecard tuner & multiple extenders for viewing
BlueIris and IP cameras for CCTV
Incredible PBX for home phone
Hey sic..

With those cameras...can you get a direct webbrowser link to the video?

In words...could i get a CQC web widget to display the video inside a template that way?

Also does the browser method to display the video use Flash? I'm hoping to be able to monitor home via video on Iphone....

Lastly...any particular model ACTi camera that you can recommend? I am looking to get 2 outdoor day/night cams and 1 indoor (nursery) cam.
You can use a html file and point the CQC web widget directly at the file and see the video. Check out this thread for a copy of the html file that I am using.

I am using an ACTi ACM-4200. It is a decent indoor megapixel camera. I haven't used any other models, but ACTi seems to be decent quality for the price.
Other systems used:
You can also bring it up in a web browser other than ie directly as well. I have this running in my iphone and firefox.

There is no need for the html file.

ACTi have a how to on their web site on iphone integration. This works for all non ie browsers. Unfortunately, ACTi use an ActiveX component that precluded all other browsers until the iphone howto came out.

Mick
znelbok Wrote:You can also bring it up in a web browser other than ie directly as well. I have this running in my iphone and firefox.

There is no need for the html file.

ACTi have a how to on their web site on iphone integration. This works for all non ie browsers. Unfortunately, ACTi use an ActiveX component that precluded all other browsers until the iphone howto came out.

Mick

Good information to know! I did not know they had those instructions on their site.

But I think we'll still need to HTML file for integration into CQC since CQC uses IE as its web widget backbone.
Other systems used:
If your 4200's are like my 4300's, the iPhone integration won't work yet. They supposedly work with the ACM 1431s I have but I haven't yet set them up.

But I will say the megapixel lens on the 4200 and 4300's are beautiful in full to medium light so they will work well inside. I had to get the 1431's for the IR. MavRic, I can send a screenshot comparison if you want.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Door locks and door video rhosch 24 3,450 11-07-2019, 12:35 PM
Last Post: rhosch
  New tutorial video Dean Roddey 2 1,364 11-27-2018, 07:15 PM
Last Post: ellisr63
  Video Widget znelbok 67 29,960 04-12-2017, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Security video with CQC bryanb 19 6,559 04-22-2016, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Load personal video files into repository? brathnach 7 3,652 05-14-2013, 02:06 PM
Last Post: wuench
  Set up a hardware DVD video library yarwoob 15 9,125 04-07-2013, 04:29 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  Looking for opinions on video distribution George M 10 4,353 12-13-2009, 11:13 AM
Last Post: standon
  Recommendations video switch / touch panel mrtank 9 3,679 07-24-2009, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Mark Stega
  Getting Started Streming Video The Camper 2 1,702 01-24-2009, 04:55 AM
Last Post: The Camper
  video repository Ron Haley 2 1,562 01-21-2009, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Ron Haley