Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting flow control in the .manifest file
The protocol doc I have says: "Flow control RTS/CTS". Is that something specific to set in the manifest file? I can't seem to find that option for a value in the driver dev guide.
It can be set in the manifest. If you look at the Manifest DTD in the driver development guide it provides the available attributes for the SerialConn element (bottom pg. 12 - top of pg. 13). If you set the Editable attribute for ConnCfg to True than all that can be set during installation.
It's the early bird that catches the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese...
Ya, I saw that section, but not anything I could associate with Flow Control. I wasn't sure if that was the same thing as handshake, and even if it is, theres only a handshake option for RTS, not CTS (but there is for DTR). I've always been sketchy on my port settings and what they mean....
At a minimum you would need to set the RTSFlag to handshake. I'm not sure if CTSOut just sets that high or enables it. Easy to figure it out if the device does require flow control.

Edit: Looking at the constructor for the CommCfg it looks like you would only need to set the RTSFlag to handshake. The CTSOut would just set that pin to high so it is always on I believe.
It's the early bird that catches the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese...
Allright, I'll try that I guess, and just set the parameters to editable in case it doesn't work.
beelzerob Wrote:Allright, I'll try that I guess, and just set the parameters to editable in case it doesn't work.

I think that the Windows serial port driver stuff manages CTS if you enable it, right? It's telling the other side whether there's room in the receive buffer or not.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Yes it will. It is just a matter of semantics/vocabulary. Most times you are looking at flow control/handshaking as the parameter and none,Xon/XOff,RTS/CTS or similar as the valid values as opposed to setting an RTSFlag parameter to a value of Handshake to enable hardware flow control.
Yes, i agree. In the windows dropdown box world, those are the usual flow control options, which is why I couldn't map that to the available options in the driver dev doc.

So I understand that just setting the RTSFlag to Handshake should be enough?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  setting up CQC tom 12 1,818 10-31-2021, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Help with Log File Error karenlee 4 580 10-28-2021, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  CQSL Interface Driver connects but no control NightLight 3 498 10-26-2021, 01:12 PM
Last Post: NightLight
  IR Control LesAuber 1 786 08-03-2020, 07:40 PM
Last Post: LesAuber
  Lutron RadioRA2 Driver and Lutron Visor Control gReatAutomation 29 11,058 03-19-2020, 01:03 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  RadioRA2 Visor Control Receiver - Input support gReatAutomation 12 4,561 02-24-2020, 07:38 AM
  JRiver MC - Video and Control simplextech 2 1,319 01-08-2020, 01:57 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  Simple device control from Admin Interface simplextech 7 3,020 01-04-2020, 12:18 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  Generic-Network Monitor - Config File Error gReatAutomation 17 6,424 06-27-2019, 11:46 AM
  Leak Gopher Control Valve - NoAutoMatch gReatAutomation 5 2,211 06-12-2019, 05:09 PM