Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Static Buttons
I have looked through the how-to videos, searched the forums, and looked at the technical documents. I thought it would be easy to accomplish but my efforts must not be good enough lol.

I currently have two buttons for the cover art browser. One button is to show both the text and image and the other button is to only show the image. I would like to consolidate these two buttons into one to save space.

I have have tried to setup a static button to accomplish this task, but no matter what I do it will change its state once, but I can never get it to go back. Can anyone help me configure the button in the following way: Each time I press the button the button text will go from "Show text" to "Hide text", at the same time the cover art browser will change the display accordingly.

I really would appreciate the help so I can consolidate some of my buttons and streamline things. If you have further questions please let me know.
The problem you are likely having is the static checkbox doesn't change its state when you select it. You have to tell it to change its state in the action. A common use for a static checkbox is to just use it to toggle a state so an option to have the checkbox automatically toggle the state would be useful. At any rate the action for the checkbox would look something like below.

Code:
[OnTrueClick]
   CABBtn::SetState(False)
   // Do Stuff

[OnFalseClick]
   CABBtn::SetState(True)
   // Do Stuff
It's the early bird that catches the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese...
Thanks a lot for the help. That makes so much more sense now, I didn't know that was an option. Everything is working smoothly now.

I have another question and thought I would ask it here so I don't have to start a new thread.

Is it possible to use MyMovies driver to launch a movies from the CAB into a video player such as Zoom Player? I was able to do this using the DVD Profiler driver, but I lost my database and found out about My Movies auto import feature and it has saved me loads of time reimporting all 1500 movies.

Currently I can see all the metadata that MyMovies is collecting such as covers, actors, description, runtime, ect. But when I try to play the movie using a GVAR to call %(MediaRTV:ColCookie) it gives me an error saying '317' is not a valid titleset id. Type=Movie.

Some insight would be appreciate since I couldn't find it in the archived posts regarding MyMovies.
Do you have Zoom Associated with the MyMovies repository?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean,

That seemed to be part of the problem, but there seems to be something else.

I associated the Zoom Player driver with My Movies repository and now when I click the play button on my Movie Confirm popup it will not give me an error, but it is not playing it in zoom player. I have went into My Movies and tried drilling down to the actual .avi file and also tried just the directory. Both won't work. I am using the same code as I had for DVD Profiler, except now I changed the repository to My Movies. I have also set the Zoom driver's verbose to high, but I am not seeing anything in the logs after the popup closes.

Do I need to configure the movie location similar to DVD Profiler where I do [ONLINELOCATION=""] ? I thought MyMovies by default does it?

Hopefully it is something simple I am overlooking. If so I apologize, it has been awhile since I last did any maintenance on my templates.
When you click on the move in the cover art browser, set some local variable to the %(MediaRTV:LocInfo) runtime value. Then bring up the action trace window and click on a movie. See what the location info for that movie is coming out to be.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
You were on the right track and I don't know why I didn't think about it. The problem was that the movies are on a networked drive. MyMovies was mapping it to the M:/ drive instead of the name of the computer name. Once I fixed it everything worked.

At least I only have to edit the movie locations instead of manually input all my DVD's in DVD Profiler and inputing the movie locations. It's still a pain, but I guess the lesser of two evils lol.

Thanks a lot Dean!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SSL Certificate Question gReatAutomation 1 951 10-26-2020, 07:48 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  V2 Question - OpenWeatherMap Using their New JSON Data Feed kblagron 7 2,140 05-07-2020, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Dynamic Overlay Question bryanb 4 1,372 04-17-2020, 03:48 AM
Last Post: bryanb
  Underline of Static Text kblagron 1 1,063 03-04-2020, 01:01 PM
  Pico Buttons simplextech 10 2,766 01-07-2020, 05:06 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  Triggered Event on Timer Question znelbok 7 3,415 12-09-2019, 02:10 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Question on CQC Driver Pack Install kblagron 1 1,306 11-26-2019, 06:38 PM
  SONOS Driver Question gReatAutomation 13 5,699 08-23-2019, 12:37 PM
  Insteon V2 Driver Question kblagron 1 1,278 08-01-2019, 10:51 AM
Last Post: kblagron
  Question on Parsing a String in a CML Macro kblagron 2 1,646 06-18-2019, 06:21 PM