Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iTunes Errors
I installed the iTunes helper and after it ran, it seems to be throwing an error.

Last invocation generated: NAK - System.IOIOException: The process cannot access the file C:\Program Files\QCQ\CQCData\Server\Data\iTunesRepo2\TrayDump.... because it is being used by another process.

I did try it a couple times so that may have had something to do with it. But I did kill iTunes and the helper and then restarted the helper and it gives me the same code. Any ideas?
Is the driver still loading the file? The whole iTunes things is a bit of a mess, because it's a piece of crap that was never designed to really be integrated into an automation system. Most programs are just GUI programs and they can just do a COM connection to iTunes. Our product is networked and all the real work goes on the background, where it's not possible to do a COM connection to iTunes since the COM 'object' is the actual program itself, which is kind of ridiculous.

So we are stuck with trying to export the COM info from the tray program, and sometimes that goes awry.

Mark can probably help you some tomorrow with diagnosing the tray app program, since he wrote that part of it.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
aerodoc Wrote:I installed the iTunes helper and after it ran, it seems to be throwing an error.

Last invocation generated: NAK - System.IOIOException: The process cannot access the file C:\Program Files\QCQ\CQCData\Server\Data\iTunesRepo2\TrayDump.... because it is being used by another process.

I did try it a couple times so that may have had something to do with it. But I did kill iTunes and the helper and then restarted the helper and it gives me the same code. Any ideas?

Here are a few suggestions:

1) Does the path to the file exist?

2) Are there the appropriate permissions to write to the directory? Writing to "\Program files" can be restricted in Vista & Win 7.

3) Try changing the path to something like "c:\temp"

4) Change the log level to verbose & try the dump again.
Mark Stega
Just to be sure, I first installed the driver and linked it to the local ip (the one that I use to acccess from remote clients). The status says offline and is in red.

I then installed the iTunes helper thinking that it needs to be active before cqc can put it online. Hopefully my thinking is correct to this point.

The path that the helper complained about did not exist, any reason for this? I then created the directories manually but that did not help. I them modified the config file in notepad to change from the m drive to the c drive if that was what you meant. I reloaded it but no change either.

I did not see an option for "verbose" but I did change the levels from low to high, but it does not work still. As far as permissions, not 100% sure how to check, but I can create new folders. Not sure why the path the helper was trying to use did not exist though. Would that indicate it could not write to the folder?
Don't worry about the driver; Just concentrate on getting the helper to be functional first, then go back to the driver.

If you have the helper installed and running you can right click on the tray icon and set the log level to 'high' and then do an 'Invoke'. Follow that with an 'About' and you will see the result of the invocation. You need to have the helper config file properly specifying a directory that can be written to.

The log file will be created in the executing directory, snag that and post it after you have run the helper.
Mark Stega
(12:13:45 PM - Info) Accepted a connection via the TcpListener
(12:13:45 PM - Info) Received a message on the Listen Port of '<GenerateXML Path="C:\Program Files\CQC\CQCData\Server\Data\iTunesRepo2\TrayDump_iTunes\"/>

'
(12:13:45 PM - Info) DECODED:
TableName: GenerateXML
Path
C:\Program Files\CQC\CQCData\Server\Data\iTunesRepo2\TrayDump_iTunes\

(12:13:45 PM - Info) QueryMessageCallback called from the communication thread
(12:13:45 PM - Info) Received a request to process the iTunes library with a directory of 'C:\Program Files\CQC\CQCData\Server\Data\iTunesRepo2\TrayDump_iTunes\'
(12:13:45 PM - Info) Starting iTunes library processing with an output path of 'C:\Program Files\CQC\CQCData\Server\Data\iTunesRepo2\TrayDump_iTunes\'
(12:13:45 PM - Info) Cleaning destination directory
(12:13:45 PM - Error) Exception in 'ProcessTunes' of System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\CQC\CQCData\Server\Data\iTunesRepo2\TrayDump_iTunes\43daa7a3-8276-468a-8b59-eb48fb05021f.unk' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
at iTunes.CQSLiTunesTray.CleanDestinationDirectory(String p_Path)
at iTunes.CQSLiTunesTray.ProcessTunes(String p_Path)
(12:13:46 PM - Info) Sent a message on the Listen Port of 'NAK - System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\CQC\CQCData\Server\Data\iTunesRepo2\TrayDump_iTunes\43daa7a3-8276-468a-8b59-eb48fb05021f.unk' because it is being used by another process.
'
(12:13:46 PM - Info) Completed processing
(12:13:51 PM - Info) Received a MANUAL request to process the iTunes library using the default path
(12:13:51 PM - Info) Starting iTunes library processing with an output path of 'c:\\temp\\'
(12:13:51 PM - Info) Cleaning destination directory
(12:13:51 PM - Info) Creating files
(12:13:51 PM - Error) Exception in 'ProcessTunes' of System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'c:\temp\iTunesRepository.xml'.
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path)
(12:13:55 PM - Info) Accepted a connection via the TcpListener
(12:13:55 PM - Info) Received a message on the Listen Port of '<GenerateXML Path="C:\Program Files\CQC\CQCData\Server\Data\iTunesRepo2\TrayDump_iTunes\"/>

'
(12:13:55 PM - Info) DECODED:
Path

(12:13:55 PM - Info) QueryMessageCallback called from the communication thread
(12:13:55 PM - Info) Received a request to process the iTunes library with a directory of 'C:\Program Files\CQC\CQCData\Server\Data\iTunesRepo2\TrayDump_iTunes\'
(12:13:55 PM - Info) Starting iTunes library processing with an output path of 'C:\Program Files\CQC\CQCData\Server\Data\iTunesRepo2\TrayDump_iTunes\'
(12:13:55 PM - Info) Cleaning destination directory
(12:13:55 PM - Error) Exception in 'ProcessTunes' of System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\CQC\CQCData\Server\Data\iTunesRepo2\TrayDump_iTunes\43daa7a3-8276-468a-8b59-eb48fb05021f.unk' because it is being used by another process.
(12:13:56 PM - Info) Sent a message on the Listen Port of 'NAK - System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\CQC\CQCData\Server\Data\iTunesRepo2\TrayDump_iTunes\43daa7a3-8276-468a-8b59-eb48fb05021f.unk' because it is being used by another process.
'
(12:13:56 PM - Info) Completed processing
(12:14:05 PM - Info) Accepted a connection via the TcpListener
(12:14:05 PM - Info) Received a message on the Listen Port of '<GenerateXML Path="C:\Program Files\CQC\CQCData\Server\Data\iTunesRepo2\TrayDump_iTunes\"/>

'
(12:14:05 PM - Info) DECODED:
Path

(12:14:05 PM - Info) QueryMessageCallback called from the communication thread
(12:14:05 PM - Info) Received a request to process the iTunes library with a directory of 'C:\Program Files\CQC\CQCData\Server\Data\iTunesRepo2\TrayDump_iTunes\'
(12:14:05 PM - Info) Starting iTunes library processing with an output path of 'C:\Program Files\CQC\CQCData\Server\Data\iTunesRepo2\TrayDump_iTunes\'
(12:14:05 PM - Info) Cleaning destination directory
(12:14:05 PM - Error) Exception in 'ProcessTunes' of System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\CQC\CQCData\Server\Data\iTunesRepo2\TrayDump_iTunes\43daa7a3-8276-468a-8b59-eb48fb05021f.unk' because it is being used by another process.
(12:14:06 PM - Info) Sent a message on the Listen Port of 'NAK - System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\CQC\CQCData\Server\Data\iTunesRepo2\TrayDump_iTunes\43daa7a3-8276-468a-8b59-eb48fb05021f.unk' because it is being used by another process.
'
(12:14:06 PM - Info) Completed processing
1) Unload the driver, it is making multiple queries and making the log harder to read.

2) Make certain that you have a directory "C:\temp" and that it is empty -- It appears that you don't have this directory.

3) Delete the log file

4) Rerun the manual invocation and repost the log as well as a directory of c:\temp.

5) It appears that you have some artwork that is not BMP, JPG, or PNG as the error from the driver indicates that there are file with a UNK (unknown) suffix.
Mark Stega
Ooops, it appeared that I DID NOT have a temp dir in the root folder. I guess I just assumed there was one there, but in Win7 I guess it doesnt make one. Never noticed that.

After adding the temp folder, I ran the invoke and a whole bunch of album art showed up in the temp folder and then in one of the CQC child folders. It also showed that all of the tracks were added in the log file.

But after reloading, I still seem to get an error:

(2:44:48 PM - Error) Exception in 'ProcessTunes' of System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\CQC\CQCData\Server\Data\iTunesRepo2\TrayDump_iTunes\3c224106-6063-40a4-8b56-9239cb40d8d0.unk' because it is being used by another process.
(2:45:52 PM - Error) Exception in 'ProcessTunes' of System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80010105): The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))
at iTunesLib.IITArtwork.SaveArtworkToFile(String filePath)
at iTunes.CQSLiTunesTray.ProcessLibrary(String p_Path, SimpleXMLWriter p_XmlWriter, IITPlaylist p_Playlist, Dictionary`2& p_TrackIDs)
Yes, I think I see now. This .unk file shows up in the temp directory and appears to stop itunes helper and throws the error.

Can't it just bypass the .unk and move on? If now, I am not real sure how to find the bad artwork since I have over 3k songs and some of them are over a decade old and are not real "clean". I don't even care that much about artwork...I just want to be able to control playback.
There are some really good third party programs out there which will clean up and normalize your entire collection including your art. I run several of those solutions monthly just to keep my library in order. Since I have been doing that both Squeezebox and iTunes drivers work nearly flawlessly.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  iTunes Setup barbourm 12 4,164 01-12-2020, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  removing itunes indygreg 1 1,466 05-14-2018, 04:09 PM
  itunes error every 5 seconds indygreg 3 3,055 01-03-2017, 03:45 PM
  Template errors after upgrade to 4.8.3 avtexan 4 2,955 08-13-2016, 11:29 PM
Last Post: avtexan
  Anyone have a iTunes playlist browser already created? Sendero 34 13,626 01-28-2013, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Trioxide
  Itunes Control?? NightLight 31 14,180 09-03-2011, 05:12 AM
Last Post: DaveB
  itunes 10 dman000000 6 3,751 02-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Last Post: dman000000
  ITunes Driver eded9698 1 1,837 10-24-2009, 04:02 PM
  Triggering an email on log errors potts.mike 9 3,534 09-23-2009, 07:30 PM
  Epson 1080p Driver errors in 3.0 ellisr63 11 3,483 08-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Last Post: robertmee